DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Issue for Control Panel on v8.0.4

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am in the step-by-step process of upgrading an old website that was running DNN v7. I want to get it to v9. I underline that this DNN install has always been installed in a folder in the root of the domain name, i.e DNN is installed in www.domain.com/dnn-is-in-this-folder. To access the DNN one needs to visit www.domain.com/dnn-is-in-this-folder/Default.aspx

As a first step I upgraded to DNN v8.0.4. After the upgrade everything is working fine on the site for non-admin users (DNN creates pages without errors, logging in works, etc). However, when logged in as host or Admin there are issues relating to the behavior of the Control Panel, 3 examples of issues I see are below:

• example A: expanded menu items open when the mouse hovers over them but they never close when the mouse moves away which results in multiple sub menus remaining open and overlapping (see screen grab here)
    • Example B: None of the links of the control panel that you can see in the attached image do anything when you click on them – no new page is opened or action (such as “clear cache”) is performed
    • Example C: on the Site Settings page if I click the “upload file” button to upload a new site logo nothing happens (i.e. no dialogue box opens to choose a file to upload).

The skin being used is the default Gravity skin that ships with v8. To troubleshoot this I took a back up of the site from my host's Plesk interface and installed it locally. The issues described above do NOT appear on the local version of this. See this screen grab of the Admin Site Settings page behaving correctly on my local dnndev.me/admin/site-settings

I am now wondering if there are known Control Panel Issues for DNN v8 when it is installed in a folder in root of domain (i.e. www.domain.com/dnn-is-in-this-folder)?

I have another DNN v8.0.4 website running on the same (shared) server of my host company but it works perfectly, however that instance of DNN is installed in that root of that domain name, not in a folder in the root

Any other ideas on how to trouble shoot this? All help would be appreciated! I am keen to get to v9 of DNN

Eoghanon

Veteran Member

Strange.. are there any issues in the browser console (F12)?

New Around Here

Hi Timo, I am seeing 5 errors in the browser console when I visit the Admin Settings page while logged in as host. See them in this screen grab. Does this shine any light on the issue? And how to eventually resolve it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

New Around Here

And I confirm there are no issues in the console in the local install when I am logged in as host

New Around Here

Just to close this topic - in the end the solution was to upgrade to v9.1.1 and the new Persona Bar works fine, so all control panel tasks can again be achieved on the site. Now to upgrade in increments to the latest release!
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved