DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How can i filter my visualizer by tags?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I would like to be able to create a calendar which has all events and then create calendars which have events specific to the section of the site the user is in.

My visualizer only allows me to display items which have all of the same tags in each event and im not able to filter by the one single type of tag.

Im using the version below -  but will be upgrading to 9.3 tomorrow to see if this resolves the issue.

• EVOQ CONTENT
    • v. 09.02.02

Veteran Member

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just want to point out that because you are an EVOQ customer, you do have access to support through DNN Corp. You might want to raise a support ticket with them, too.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 07 Aug 2019 02:57 PM
        I don't know the answer to your question, but I just want to point out that because you are an EVOQ customer, you do have access to support through DNN Corp. You might want to raise a support ticket with them, too.

Agreed. Most of the folks here aren't using the Evoq features. Sorry. :(

Growing Member

I found the Evoq visualizers very limiting compared to something like the 2sxc or OpenContent modules. On the other hand, they work perfectly with multiple instances of DNN, which is something OpenContent struggles with at the moment.

Once you need to do anything more complex than basic tag-based filtering, you're probably better off writing a custom module which pulls the data down from the Evoq web services and manipulating it yourself. You might even be able to do that by developing something for 2sxc or OpenContent (I believe they can both access 3rd party data sources if you're willing to do some custom development) and use their somewhat more comprehensive filtering capabilities.

New Around Here

I would definitely like dnn to develop this area further - in order to be truly useful, we need the ability to further sort / filter the content being displayed. Example alphabetically, by date, by size ect.

New Around Here

Do you have any good resources for those who are using Evoq features?

Growing Member

I didn't ever get around to writing up my experiments with the microservices, but there's some documentation on developing for them here. I seem to remember it was fairly straightforward to get the basics up and running - I put together a super-basic Razor-host module which pulled down the data and rendered it to the screen. Performance wasn't ideal, though - it was a super early prototype.

If it's any help, I wrote a few blog posts on Visualizers too.

New Around Here

Thank you Olly Hodgson for sharing - i had actually read your blog and and used your examples for for making any accessible accordion, it was extremely helpful. Im currently looking further into the 2sxc, to see if it will meet my needs.

Veteran Member

Posted By kletendre on 13 Aug 2019 09:14 AM

Do you have any good resources for those who are using Evoq features?

You'll want to reach out to DNN Corp's support team to ask them to provide any documentation about Evoq that doesn't already exist.  :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved