DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Issue with Privacy and Terms pages

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I'm running DNN 9.0.8, and I've come across an issue with my site. I'm not sure when it first started happening. It could have possibly been after upgrading recently, but I'm not sure.

All site pages look and perform fine, except for the Terms and Privacy pages. Those two pages are displaying outdated content from some prior version of the modules or somewhere else entirely, and displaying the wrong skin. I can't enter edit mode for those pages from the DNN interface. Deleting the pages and creating new ones doesn't fix the issue. Even with the pages deleted (and removed from the recycle bin), the content still appears and the corrupt pages are still accessible (it doesn't display a 404 page).

Has anyone seen this issue, or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Growing Member

Did you have custom Terms and Privacy pages - did you create them as a DNN page?
      Its possible that the setting for redirecting to those pages got lost.
      Check under admin - all your pages/names to see.
      If you find them there its just a simple redirect in site setting to fix.

Veteran Member

Did you set the Privacy and Terms page in the Site Settings? (I'm guessing you meant 9.8.0, not 9.0.8)

New Around Here

Posted By John A on 10 Feb 2021 09:00 AM
          Did you have custom Terms and Privacy pages - did you create them as a DNN page?
          Its possible that the setting for redirecting to those pages got lost.
          Check under admin - all your pages/names to see.
          If you find them there its just a simple redirect in site setting to fix.

Yes, they were custom pages. Specifying the pages under Site Settings > Site Behavior > Default Pages doesn't fix the issue.

New Around Here

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 10 Feb 2021 09:26 AM

Did you set the Privacy and Terms page in the Site Settings? (I'm guessing you meant 9.8.0, not 9.0.8)

Yes. It still displays incorrectly with it set there. Yeah, you're right 9.8.0.

New Around Here

I still have this issue. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I could fix it?

Veteran Member

Just to double check: it is not the same content as in site settings - languages- weird symbol that indicates multi language-globalresources - global resources?

Because that is the usual spot.
                And yes you can have other pages appointed but if the theme is built another way, it could be bypassing things.
                Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                We just love DNN
                https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 02 Apr 2021 11:08 AM
                  Just to double check: it is not the same content as in site settings - languages- weird symbol that indicates multi language-globalresources - global resources?

Because that is the usual spot.
                  And yes you can have other pages appointed but if the theme is built another way, it could be bypassing things.

Yes, you're right. I actually forgot to mention that I discovered that the text is coming from there. However, DNN still won't let me override the pages using the urls for "/privacy" or "/terms".

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved