• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Change editor to Telerik RadEditor in DNN 09.03.02 (24)

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Is it possible to switch rich text editor to RadEditor from default CKEditor in latest DNN version 09.03.02 (24)?

In older versions there was a RadEditorManager under Providers list, but now this provider is not there. So, I am guessing that RadEditor has been removed but not sure if it's still possible to use it instead of CKEditor.

Basic Member

Basic Member

Yes, it has been removed. The Telerik editor is not available.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to switch to the Telerik editor? Is there something you don't like or is missing?
      Joe Craig DNN MVP Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Posted By Sun1 on 11 Aug 2019 10:13 AM

Is it possible to switch rich text editor to RadEditor from default CKEditor in latest DNN version 09.03.02 (24)?

In older versions there was a RadEditorManager under Providers list, but now this provider is not there. So, I am guessing that RadEditor has been removed but not sure if it's still possible to use it instead of CKEditor.

FYI, it was removed because of licensing issues AFAIK. Telerik editor is not free.

Posted By Joe Craig on 11 Aug 2019 01:13 PM
          Yes, it has been removed. The Telerik editor is not available.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to switch to the Telerik editor? Is there something you don't like or is missing?

Hi Joe,

The reason I want to use RadEditor is because its so easy to work with. 

As an example, I wanted to add syntax highlighter plugin to CKEditor so users could add code snippets using CKEditor in DNN but it seems its impossible; I tried many things like adding the codesnippet folder/files after downloading it from CKEditor 4 website and I also added the syntax highlighter tool to Full toolbar in Site Settings > Site Behavior > HTML Editor Manager > Custom Toolbars.  If I had RadEditor, I could add the code format tool (which is like the codesnippet tool) in under a minute just by adding the format code tool to the toolbar config file.

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 12 Aug 2019 02:41 AM
            Posted By Sun1 on 11 Aug 2019 10:13 AM

FYI, it was removed because of licensing issues AFAIK. Telerik editor is not free.

May be Telerik still provides a module for this for licensed users.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            4. No Flaming or Trolling.
            5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved