DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Change editor to Telerik RadEditor in DNN 09.03.02 (24)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Is it possible to switch rich text editor to RadEditor from default CKEditor in latest DNN version 09.03.02 (24)?

In older versions there was a RadEditorManager under Providers list, but now this provider is not there. So, I am guessing that RadEditor has been removed but not sure if it's still possible to use it instead of CKEditor.

Veteran Member

Yes, it has been removed. The Telerik editor is not available.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to switch to the Telerik editor? Is there something you don't like or is missing?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Sun1 on 11 Aug 2019 10:13 AM

Is it possible to switch rich text editor to RadEditor from default CKEditor in latest DNN version 09.03.02 (24)?

In older versions there was a RadEditorManager under Providers list, but now this provider is not there. So, I am guessing that RadEditor has been removed but not sure if it's still possible to use it instead of CKEditor.

FYI, it was removed because of licensing issues AFAIK. Telerik editor is not free.

New Around Here

Posted By Joe Craig on 11 Aug 2019 01:13 PM
          Yes, it has been removed. The Telerik editor is not available.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to switch to the Telerik editor? Is there something you don't like or is missing?

Hi Joe,

The reason I want to use RadEditor is because its so easy to work with. 

As an example, I wanted to add syntax highlighter plugin to CKEditor so users could add code snippets using CKEditor in DNN but it seems its impossible; I tried many things like adding the codesnippet folder/files after downloading it from CKEditor 4 website and I also added the syntax highlighter tool to Full toolbar in Site Settings > Site Behavior > HTML Editor Manager > Custom Toolbars.  If I had RadEditor, I could add the code format tool (which is like the codesnippet tool) in under a minute just by adding the format code tool to the toolbar config file.

New Around Here

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 12 Aug 2019 02:41 AM
            Posted By Sun1 on 11 Aug 2019 10:13 AM

FYI, it was removed because of licensing issues AFAIK. Telerik editor is not free.

May be Telerik still provides a module for this for licensed users.

Advanced Member

DNN has a perpetual license for a 2013 version of Telerik, which is what still ships with DNN today. However, the HTML Editor Provider for Telerik has been removed in newer installations, because we are trying to remove the platform's dependency on Telerik, in large part because it is so old and unmaintained. However, you could get a copy of the Rad Editor Provider from an older version of DNN and install it, if you want. There are no licensing issues with using that old version.
              DNN partner specializing in custom, enterprise DNN development https://engagesoftware.com/showcase

Growing Member

Additionally, please DO NOT USE the existing RadEditor provider due to a number of other concerns, such as its automatic loading of older versions of jQuery and otherwise.

To my knowledge, there is no current provider available for a current Telerik Release and it would be very hard to integrate.
                Mitchel Sellers
                Technology Advisory Group Leader
                CEO @ IowaComputerGurus, Inc. a DNN & .NET Solutions Provider
                Technical Blog: MitchelSellers.com

New Around Here

Mitchel,

You are correct.

I installed the RadEditor provider in my DNN 9.03.02  installlation  from following link but got JavaScript errors when I looked up Chrome's Dev Tools Console while rendering a page with RadEditor :  https://github.com/dnnsof...09.01.01_Install.zip

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved