DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Sub Directory for Clients

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Sorry for posting this again but  I posted in the wrong section of the forum initially.

I want to create a "subscriber" section (though I know that's a dnn term) for our customers to access certain pages or directories. These are not site users that can edit or create pages. They are our customers and their credentials are stored in a seprate db table. Is this possible?

Growing Member

conceptually the answer is yes using dnn features. however, you will have to somehow bridge the gap between your external user db and dnn user. i asked a similar question not too long ago but going the reverse direction. there were some answers given there which might be pertinent. ( i have forgotten them :-o)

ps - i found it https://dnncommunity.org/forums/aft/2012

if the url does not appear, it is because the forum censored it https://dnncommunity.org/forums/aft/2012

Veteran Member

Tony,

We volunteers who manage the forums here and dnncommunity.org do not "censor" forum posts except in cases where the posts are in violation of the site's rules. Those rules are clearly stated and you can review them any time at the bottom of every forum thread.

That said, I followed the link in your post and found it intact.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 22 Feb 2021 08:52 PM
          Tony,

We volunteers who manage the forums here and dnncommunity.org do not "censor" forum posts except in cases where the posts are in violation of the site's rules. Those rules are clearly stated and you can review them any time at the bottom of every forum thread.

That said, I followed the link in your post and found it intact.

very frequently code snippets and urls have been erased from my posts. in fact, over the weekend, correspondence between me and another member concerning lower cased urls was incoherent because each of us was pasting some kind code or quasi-code elements in posts which, in my case were snippets from web.config, but not visible in the thread. I am not sure what the other man was posting but i surely could not see it.

my assumption had been that a regex process was censoring code-like elements. maybe something else is occuring rather than intentional deletion. but if it is not intentional, i would love to know how to bypass the deletions.

Veteran Member

Posted By tony bonn on 23 Feb 2021 01:22 AM

my assumption had been that a regex process was censoring code-like elements. maybe something else is occuring rather than intentional deletion. but if it is not intentional, i would love to know how to bypass the deletions.

There is an issue in the Active Forum Module. It will remove HTML entered in the Editor (not in Source).
            Seemingly for security, although it has unwanted side effects
            I am currenly working on fixing this.
            The only workaround I know of is to add extra spaces.

< span>test < /span>

New Around Here

Thanks for the suggestions. If not by using a sub directory, is there a way to simply use my existing customer database table as dnn users? Then I could assign them to a role, and assign certain page privileges to that role.

Veteran Member

You could use a DB trigger or a scheduled task to sync the users to the DNN User Tables?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved