DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

HTML Module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

We recently upgraded an old DNN site to the latest version (9.8.00). Everything has been running fine for the most part, but today I have ran into an issue I can't figure out how to resolve. One of my users dropped an HTML module on the page but we can not get it to display outside of edit mode. I have tried adding an HTML module to other pages as well to see if it was isolated to an individual page, but it's doing the same thing across the entire site. I have tried all of the following things to no avail.

• Debugged the page to make sure no errors where being thrown and none are.
    • Stopped inheriting permissions and made the module visible to all users.
    • Changed the Cache settings for the module to 0.
    • Verified the site was running on .Net 4.5.1 (I'm actually on 4.7.1).
    • Tested two other modules (link and event), both of these modules display outside of edit mode.

I am at a loss at this point. The HTML module is showing as version 9.8.0, but has an upgrade version as 10.0.3. So I'm not sure if that means it needs to be upgraded or it has already been upgraded.  The only descrepency I see compared to the other modules is attached in the image link below.  The HTML module has a square where the normal bookmark type symbol is.  Could it be some sort of license issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zaarq8mx0jbuwjx/AddModule.JPG?dl=0

Growing Member

I wasn't having any issues in version 9.8 but today I upgraded to 9.9 and the html module is only working when I use the Basic Text Box. When it's in Rich Text Editor mode it will wipe out the code when I go back to edit mode. When I checked for an upgrade mine says 10.0.3 as well and I'm currently on version 9.9.

Veteran Member

The 10.0.3 is an error. It hasn't been working correctly for a while.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Thank you!

New Around Here

How do we work around it?  I can't even add an HTML module to a page at this point.  Can it be uninstalled and an older version be installed?

Growing Member

My problem was solved by switching over to Chrome. I like using Firefox but it seems like when I edit in Chrome the HTML module works as expected.

Jesse, I've never seen a square show up on the module like that before. Mine has a little triangle in that corner.

I would have done all the trouble shooting steps that you did so I was curious if there could be another setting.  I started  playing around with my HTML module and noticed something I haven't before.  In the HTML Module Settings there is a workflow option and if it's set to Content Staging then you can only see the content in that module when you are in edit mode.  I've tried it a couple of times now and that might be another place to check.

New Around Here

Hey Carolyn,
                Thanks for the response.  I checked the setting and my HTML module is set to Direct Publish.  This made me think that maybe the database has it set to staging and it's not updating the table.  So I changed the setting to Content Staging and saved.  My hope was to maybe overwrite the setting in the database and then change it back.  However, when I went back to change it to Direct Publish, the setting did not update.  It was still showing Direct Publish.  It's almost like the html module is set to content staging at the site level and it's overriding all other HTML module settings.

Growing Member

I'm sorry.  I'll keep looking at my site and see if I can notice any other settings. You might want to ask the folks on Slack too: https://openhelp.slack.co.../shared-invite/email

New Around Here

I was able to get it to work in our test environment by logging in as host and flipping from Direct Publish to Content Staging and then back again. I was only logged in as an admin before. I will try it in our production environment shortly and see what happens. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Growing Member

Sweet! Let me know if that works!
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved