• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Site Wizard Module

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

If you've ever used the Site Wizard module, then you know what a wonderfully useful tool this is, even though it's not one used on a daily basis.

When DNN 9.x was developed and the Persona Bar replace the Control Panel, some labe brained idiot decided NOT to move the Site Wizard to the PB, or even just freaking leave it as a page under Site Assets as was done with the Digital Assets Manager.

The bottom line is that an irreplaceable funtion was removed without much thought.

So ... here I am with a client who manages a large collection of portals, and has a need to use the Site Wizard regularly.
    I have extracted the module from its last appearance in DNN 8.0.4 and created a module that I can compile agains DNN 9.x.  The problem I am having is that the ASP.NET Wizard control used in the module is misbehaving.

So, this is a call for help if someone wants to work with me to get this done.  People will think you!

Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

have you tried site export/import? Seems to do about the same

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Yes, I agree.

But ... I've had some problems doing this with a site that has been upgraded over a number of years. The problem is in exporting a particular site in order to import it somewhere else. Maybe I should go back to that and see if I can figure out the problem.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

In 9.8 Exporting loses the logo and favicon, furthermore, if you use open content, you need to allow .hbs and .json (and maybe .js) to be exported, otherwise your templates are incomplete.
          What did not work was exporting ML content, I need to look into that, but that was pretty much it
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          4. No Flaming or Trolling.
          5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved