DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade from 9.3.2 to 9.6.1 issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Veteran Member

I'm not trying to be argumentative. But, I am suggesting that you might be digging in the wrong place. And I am a pro when it comes to that. Lots of experience in doing something when what I should have been doing is trying better to understand what cryptic error messages are trying to tell me. This can be more than a bit frustrating. I do sympathize with you.

I think that you need to dig into what an IIS reset does versus changing something in the bin file. I am hardly expert in that area.

If you don't do an IIS reset, can you navigate from page to page successfully.
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Yes Joe, I understand and respect your expertise.

Post a successful upgrade, yes, I can transverse across pages, Login etc until the iis is reset or server rebooted.

Do you provide any service where you could look at our system via remote desktop (anydesk etc) to diagnose etc  

Veteran Member

Follow the link in my signature to contact me privately.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe, have sent an enquiry as suggested. Thanks

Veteran Member

if the site comes up properly after an app recycle (which might be caused by App Pool recycle in IIS Server Console, editing web.config or adding/removing any .dll file in /bin folder, DNN is working as expected.
            If DNN does not start up properly after a restart of IIS service, this is a timing issue due to the machine configuration or resources. You may try tweaking IIS App Pool settings to prevent this behaviour or use a machine with additional resources (RAM, CPU, SSD storage).

New Around Here

Hi,

We finally succeeded in upgrading. To do so we had to comment the following line in web.config

<!-- Use this provider to enable default asp.net localization Methods in DNN-->
              <!-- < add extension=".resx" type="BrandonHaynes.DotNetNukeResXBuildProvider.ResXBuildProvider,BrandonHaynes.DotNetNukeResXBuildProvider" / >-->

Any idea what the above lines are supposed to to and what would we miss by commenting it?

Veteran Member

Brandon's provider is from 2008 and for sure no longer supported, sorry.
                I am not aware of a never version, AFAIK he is meanwhile focusing on other subjects.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.
                Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved