DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Site Create Error - Invalid Settings

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I am unable to create a new site. dnn complains about element 'settings' has invalid child sitemapcachedays. i can't find it in web.config.

The element 'settings' has invalid child element 'sitemapcachedays'

i am using dnn 9.8.1

How do i correct?

Veteran Member

Look at Brian Dukes comment on this issue.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

i searched for all of his comments but did not find anything where he addressed this issue.

on the other hand, there is this message in the developer tools console:
        Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()
        /API/PersonaBar/Sites/CreatePortal:1 

i will try another browser

ps - different browser doesn't help. it looks like some piece of code is missing or security is blocking access. next to remove all content-security-policy

Growing Member

clicking the offending url shows this message

The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.

this problem looks like a coding problem where someone didn't annotate the webapi correctly OR incorrect payload going to webapi OR missing data in a configuration setting OR incorrect endpoing called.

Veteran Member

My apologies. Apparently I didn't include the URL! (Hazard of working late at night ...)

You want to go here: https://github.com/dnnsof...orm/pull/4415/files.

What you need to do is go to DesktopModules/Admin/Portals and edit portal.template.xsd adding the five lines highlighted in the linked URL.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

those additional settings resolved the problem - thank you
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved