I hope this helps someone...
I just a very random instance where I was finalizing a client upgrade documentation doc and completed our last step of merging web.config updates. The site all of a sudden refused to load. I restored the previous web.config because sometimes there's an odd typo or something. I then used Visual Studio to validate the web.config, just in case. I checked all of the other normal oddities that sometimes get in the way too. The site still wouldn't load, wouldn't attempt to compile, and didn't log anything anywhere in DNN or Windows. As it turns out, I had to delete the /obj/ folder in the root of the site. Doing this cleared everything up and it's testing like it was before the web.config merge.
These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.
For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:
Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.