DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Active Directory logging out user if logged in on other device

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi all,

I currently struggle with the behaviour of the DNN:ActiveDirectory Functionality / Config?
    If an AD User is logged in via AD on one device - lets say his Laptop via  Chrome browser on the DNN Instance and the same user is connecting to the same DNN instance via an other device e.g. Tablet or Workstation (or even just another browser on the same device) - The User is logged off on the first device ...

But  we need the user to keep logged in in the other browser / on the other device - even if he/she logs in on an other device too...

• DNN: 09.06.01
    • DNN_ActiveDirectoryAuthentication Extension: 07.00.00
    • .NET FW: 4.7

I already added a Issue on Github in the DNN.ActiveDirectory Area (https://github.com/DNNCom...Directory/issues/79) a week ago, but I didnt get any response until now

So I hoped there would be somebody here in the community who can lead me in the right direction to solve this issue 
    Thanks in advance for any hint or advice - any help is highly appreciated

regards Don

New Around Here

Hi again,

after discussing this with Steven West and Daniel Valadas in the "issues" section of the AD auth Module on github (https://github.com/DNNCom...es/79)  we did what was advised there - We sent an email to [email protected] two weeks ago - but we got no response from them ...

The finding we have from the github discussion is, that the .DOTNETNUKE cookie is cleared in the browser/device we logged in first... its there but has no content  (blank content) .. while it has content on the ssecond browser now ...

This can be reproduced 100% of the cases ... Please help us out with this, my boss will be killing me soon, if I do not solve this issue for our client ;-(

Is there anybody out there who can tell why/how the cookie is cleared in the "first" browser if I log in via AD in the "second" browser?Any help or hint how to debug further or ideally how to solve that behaviour is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention

kind regards
      Don

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved