DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Host-level functionality & page in DNN932

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I have a host-level only module (site backup). In the pre-PersonaBar days, the module installer created automatically a page with the module on that page, where the page was accessible by host accounts only.

In DNN932, the host level page and module is not created. Apparently, I have to create that page manually or create an entry for the PersonaBar manually, but how?

Growing Member

Did I already mentioned that I would love to have the control panel back? And remove the PersonaBar?

Veteran Member

EPT,

You didn't mention it, but I can occasionally "read between the lines ..."
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 20 Aug 2019 12:13 PM
          EPT,

You didn't mention it, but I can occasionally "read between the lines ..."

Hi Joe, you probably have a sharp eye :-)

Veteran Member

Hi EPT,

What I do is add a page and set /admin as the parent. I know it is not host but maybe admin is ok as well?
            Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 20 Aug 2019 03:34 PM
              Hi EPT,

What I do is add a page and set /admin as the parent. I know it is not host but maybe admin is ok as well?

This is not acceptable. The page/module would be available to Admins, that is not allowed.

We need host only pages.

Did I mention that I would love to have the control panel back? Oh yes, I already did.

Veteran Member

I added a few existing admin/host modules to DNN 9.2 and it showed up automatically in the manage section of the PersonaBar(unfortunately without indicating site or host). I need to check, how it behaves in DNN 9.3 and whether it requires extra steps in the package.

Growing Member

I do not want to start with an old version of DNN and upgrade, I start fresh with a clean DNN 932

Veteran Member

In DNN 9.xx, you're unable to add pages to the Settings menu of the persona bar. The API endpoints that were previously used to add "pages" to the Admin and Host menu now put both link references in the persona bar's Manage menu. So, if you use both Admin and Host API methods, you'll end up with two pages. :D

I sometimes miss the control panel too, but end-users really love the persona bar and are able to pick it up much faster. You rarely have to explain and have a class around the difference between a superuser and administrator now.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved