• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Host-level functionality & page in DNN932

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Basic Member

Basic Member

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 20 Aug 2019 03:34 PM
    Hi EPT,

What I do is add a page and set /admin as the parent. I know it is not host but maybe admin is ok as well?

This is not acceptable. The page/module would be available to Admins, that is not allowed.

We need host only pages.

Did I mention that I would love to have the control panel back? Oh yes, I already did.

XCESS expertise center b.v.Regards,
    Ernst Peter
    LinkedIn Profile Ernst Peter Tamminga

XCESS: DNN gebaseerde Webapplicaties en Business Apps, zie xcess.nl

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

I added a few existing admin/host modules to DNN 9.2 and it showed up automatically in the manage section of the PersonaBar(unfortunately without indicating site or host). I need to check, how it behaves in DNN 9.3 and whether it requires extra steps in the package.

Basic Member

Basic Member

I do not want to start with an old version of DNN and upgrade, I start fresh with a clean DNN 932

XCESS expertise center b.v.Regards,
        Ernst Peter
        LinkedIn Profile Ernst Peter Tamminga

XCESS: DNN gebaseerde Webapplicaties en Business Apps, zie xcess.nl

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

In DNN 9.xx, you're unable to add pages to the Settings menu of the persona bar. The API endpoints that were previously used to add "pages" to the Admin and Host menu now put both link references in the persona bar's Manage menu. So, if you use both Admin and Host API methods, you'll end up with two pages. :D

I sometimes miss the control panel too, but end-users really love the persona bar and are able to pick it up much faster. You rarely have to explain and have a class around the difference between a superuser and administrator now.
          Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
          DNN experts since 2003
          Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support
          You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          4. No Flaming or Trolling.
          5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved