DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade Paths

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi

Two questions (Not good practice I know)

Is there anywhere that gives an upgrade path? I've seen and used ones I found for V7 to V9 that had the in between steps required.

I'm looking to upgrade from V9.1 and, mistakenly, went for 9.9.1

It would be good if when a release is made either someone would upgraded a path list, or the latest version should state the lowest version you can go to this version in one jump is. e.g. 9.5.0 could say you need 9.3.4 and 9.9.1 could say you need 9.7.3, that way you could back track getting each Upgrade until you find the first one in the list that mentions your current one.

Thanks

Dave

Veteran Member

https://dnndocs.com/conte...ggested-upgrade-path

At least it specifies a path to 9.8.0. The transition to 9.3.2 is the tricky one, because is passes 9.2.0 where many deprecated APIs were removed. I haven't seen any real problems getting from 9.8.0 to 9.9.1. There are some occasional hiccups, but I don't have a list of the things I have seen. I think that all are related to Persona Bar changes. I have also seen the need to go to File Manager and re-apply file permissions.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi Joe

That's great, now saved that link to favourites. New I'd seen it before that was where I had used the links to get the upgrades.

Joy I'm starting at 9.1.1 but only use Reports, Dynamic Forms and AD Login. I know these are OK as I have a clean 9.3 install that I've added those to.

Hopefully that page will be updated with extra moves in 9 and presumably 10 when it comes out.

Thanks

Dave

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved