• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Creating new site in version 9.4.4

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could please advise me on how to rectify this.

Having upgraded my DNN site from 7.3.4 to 9.4.4, I have come across an issue when attempting to export an existing site. It remains in submitted status.

The path I took to get to that stage was Settings> Import/Export 

From there I would choose the site to export, click on the export button, give descriptions, and click on the 'Begin Export'  button.

But it remains submitted without change.

I have tried the following advice from dnnsupport,

https://dnnsupport.dnnsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009692674-Import-Export-Task-Is-Stuck-in-Submitted-Status 

But it doesn't help that when I go to Servers > Server Settings, the 'Web Server' tab is missing. Nonetheless, I tried to first halt the scheduler, clear the cache, restart the application and restart the export, as per advice. It still remained in submitted status.

The site is hosted on Azure App service. 

My objective is to create a new site based on an already existing one. I was hoping that by exporting contents from an existing site, I could then import them from the new one.

Regards and many thanks,

Roy

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

first I suggest upgrading to DNN latest version (9.9.1 atm).
      second, if you want to clone a site, simples option is cloning database and file system and adjusting web.config and portalAlias table in the database.

Thanks very much. I will try that.

Regards,

Roy

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        4. No Flaming or Trolling.
        5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved