DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CkEditor for DNN

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

We are looking for a good HTML Editor provider we can use in our MVC custom module.
    Just like the CKEditor that is used in the Text/Html module.. so with DNN integration for upload image and internal links (pages dropdown).

I know the CKEditor can do this but we need one that we can use in custom MVC modules (not .aspx)

Is there a CKeditor for DNN version for MVC or does any know/build/uses another Editor for custom modules?

Please help...

Veteran Member

You might take a look at how 2sxc does editors. I seem to recall several choices.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

2SXC uses tinymce
        Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com

Advanced Member

Thanks that editor looks good...

Can't find the recent github project tinymce for DNN.
          I found one from whaleteam but it's 8 years old: https://github.com/WhaleTeam/dnn-tinymce

How do I get the tinymce editor provider code for DNN 9?

Veteran Member

There is no seperate provider for tinyMCE that has been updated, AFAIK.
            As you are actually not looking to integrate it in DNN platform but your own module(s), you are basically in the same position as 2SIC.
            I would advice you to take a look at their github to check how they include tinyMCE. Or wait for 6 weeks and ask Daniel when he returns from holiday.
            Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com

Advanced Member

I asked Daniel, his answer: As of now I don't know of any such provider

Maybe it's the new Editor for DNN 10? or another vendor is using this editor

Advanced Member

There must be an alternative editor...

I assume more DNN module developers run into this issue in MVC?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved