DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrading from 9.6.1 to 9.8.1, 9.9.1, or 9.10.0 causes /API/personaBar/localization/gettable?culture=en-US to fail

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Edited 9/3/2021 - Resolved the issue by upgrading this site from DNN 9.6.1 to 9.10.1 no apparent issues.

Hello Awesome Community:

I am working to upgrade several sites all of which started as DNN 7.x and upgraded through to DNN 8.0.3 about five years ago and left alone from thereafter. 

I have been able to successfully upgrade to 9.6.1 on one of the DNN instances as a proof of concept as there are 34 such sites. Each time I upgrade to DNN 9.8.1 or higher on my POC site, the Persona Bar disappears.

When accessing the url directly from F12 developer tools, I get the following error message.

I have searched high and low, what I don’t get is when I examine the web.config file, it is pointing to 5.2.3.0. I checked the versions of the assembly(s) in the bin folder and they match 5.2.3.0. I have upgraded through to DNN 9.10.0 from 9.6.1 and the issue persists. I have created a clean install of 9.10.0 and done a file comparison and moved the appropriate assemblies from bin to bin folder and still no dice. Upgrading higher and it does to point 5.2.7.0 vs 5.2.3 regardless I have also thought maybe there was another web.config for the personabar no dice. I have also downloaded the latest release version of DNN and can build and compile DNN in my home environment. At a loss on how to work through this and have applied much elbow grease. TIA all. 

An error has occurred.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

System.IO.FileLoadException

at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext) at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeType type, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor..ctor(HttpConfiguration configuration, String controllerName, Type controllerType) at DotNetNuke.Web.Api.DnnHttpControllerSelector.InitTypeCache() at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Lazy`1.get_Value() at DotNetNuke.Web.Api.DnnHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request) at System.Web.Http.Tracing.Tracers.HttpControllerSelectorTracer.<>c__DisplayClass3.b__1() at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.TraceBeginEnd(ITraceWriter traceWriter, HttpRequestMessage request, String category, TraceLevel level, String operatorName, String operationName, Action`1 beginTrace, Action execute, Action`1 endTrace, Action`1 errorTrace) at System.Web.Http.Tracing.Tracers.HttpControllerSelectorTracer.System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.IHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.d__1.MoveNext()

Veteran Member

did you clear local browser cache?

New Around Here

I am pretty sure I have however will give that a whirl on my next go around. I have upgraded from the 9.6.1 numerous times will give a whirl shortly and post comments. I found a bunch of threads about mismatched assembly references and web.config. When I look in the web.config the appropriate assembly reference is there. This is a DNN API endpoint of course so I assume it is using that same web.config file. I am pretty sure asp.net allows sub-folders to have different web.configs for things like references to different assemblies and such however didn't find any other and quite perplexed about this.

New Around Here

I upgraded from DNN 9.6.1 to 9.9.1 successfully on one environment where I was having DNNSharp modules with version 5.9.xx.
          Then on environment two, I upgraded all DNNSharp modules with Version 5.15.xx and tried to upgrade DNN from V9.6.1 to V9.9.1, it failed with error "Exception Details: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.SharpZipBaseException: broken uncompressed block".
          I can see, site is working fine but upgrade process failed so I need guideline on repairing this issue.

Issue appeared while 00:03:26.498 -   Installing Package File Dnn.PersonaBar.Extensions_09.09.01_Install:
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.SharpZipBaseException: broken uncompressed block
          Source Error:
          An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
          [SharpZipBaseException: broken uncompressed block]
          ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Inflater.Decode() +840
          ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +185
          ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.InflaterInputStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +69
          ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.BodyRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +109
          DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Util.StreamToStream(Stream sourceStream, Stream destStream) +62
          DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Util.TryToCreateAndExecute(String path, Action`1 action, Int32 milliSecondMax) +184
          DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.InstallFile.ReadZip(ZipInputStream unzip, ZipEntry entry) +47
          DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.InstallerInfo.ReadZipStream(Stream inputStream, Boolean isEmbeddedZip) +279
          DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallPackage(String file, String packageType, Boolean writeFeedback) +565
          DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.UpgradeApplication() +936
          DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +535
          System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +154
          System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4082"
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please guide me to repair the upgrade issue.

Thanks in advance.

New Around Here

Resolved - Upgraded to DNN 9.10.1 from 9.6.1 and no persona bar issues!

Veteran Member

DNN Sharp module might have upgraded SharpLiZip to a newer version, while DNN Platform was expecting previous one. The module in the core had been upgraded recently to a version, fine for both.
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved