DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Test DNN Website deployed on Azure B2C on Local host

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

New Around Here

Hi friends

I have the DNN 9.6 Website deployed on Azure using B2C Authentication. I want to Test this website on Local Host. Please guide me how I will Test and debug this Site ?

Thanks

Anil

Veteran Member

You will need to install a copy of the database and the file system on your local computer.

Create a local website (recommended URL is dnndev.me or somename.dnndev.me, as these will resolve to the localhost address and you won't have to fiddle with that).

Add portalaliases to the portalalias table, or add the alias before you move the site copy.

You will have to set up a database user or use the AppPool user, and you will need to set permissions for the file system.

Set the connection string in web.config so that you can connect to the local database.
      Then, if that doesn't work, you will need to figure out what's wrong!

------------------
      On a local installation, it's probably easier to set up nvQuickSite to set up a DNN installation, then replace the database, the files, etc.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Dear Joe

It is request to would you please guide about the following point:

You will have to set up a database user or use the AppPool user, and you will need to set permissions for the file system.

How I will do the above ? which user I have to create in Database ? Which permission I have to set ?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Veteran Member

if Web server and SQL Server reside on different (virtual) machines, not belonging to the same Active directory, you need to use (less secure) SQL Server authentication. Allow mixed authentication for your SQL Server (please google for how to) and create a local SQL server user, you specify with password in your SQL Server connection string (in web.config file in the root folder of your IIS website).

otherwise, it depends on the Asp User, configured in Advanced settings of your IIS App Pool: if it is set to "App Pool Identity", you need to create a SQL Server Windows user "IIS AppPool\AppPoolName" (replace AppPoolName with the name of your App Pool), and don't click "check name"! In all other cases, use the windows user name, specified as AspNet user in your AppPool.
          In all cases, you havev to grant dbowner permission to this user for your database (in SQL Server Management Studio: enter the login account properties and in top left corner, select "User assignment"). select proper line in the database list to the right and use schema "dbo". beneath, check role "dbowner").
          HTH.

Veteran Member

"You will have to set up a database user or use the AppPool user, and you will need to set permissions for the file system.

How I will do the above ? which user I have to create in Database ? Which permission I have to set ?"

This is the same thing that you do when you set up an instance of DNN anywhere. So, take a look at some of the tutorials that are available for installing DNN. For example, look for christoc's (Chris Hammond) videos on this process on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HybcKCWCj1Q
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi Joe and Sebastian

Now I able to see the Web site running on my Local Host but the only issue I am facing is that when I enter the email to login in Website the request goes to Azure for Azure B2C Authentication and redirect to UAT Portal,

How I will redirect to Local Host after authenticated from Azure B2C ?

Please help and guide me I just stuck here.

Veteran Member

did you configure a specific authentication provider?

New Around Here

Hi Sebastian

The Azure B2C is already configured in Website as well as in Azure AD. Whe I enter my email after authectication from Azure B2C is goes to UAT Url instead of Local Host. How I will resolve this ?

Would you please guide me ?

Thanks

Anil

Veteran Member

In this case, you may check content of database tables HostSettings and PortalSettings, for records, containing a SettingValue with your old domain name.

New Around Here

Hi
                      I am facing the following message after entering my email to Login in the DNN Website. Would you please guide me ?

https://[email protected]

Sign in
                      Sorry, but we’re having trouble with signing you in.

AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application: '3b8a260d-5fd9-420a-b65f-efd8cad8adee'.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 3123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved