DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Test DNN Website deployed on Azure B2C on Local host

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Veteran Member

the link won't work for a site hosted on your local machine. you either need to disable the AD authentication provider and use DNN default authentication or use a public accessible domain address for your dev site.

New Around Here

Hi Sebastian

How I will disbale the AD Authentication and enable the default DNN Authentication. I am new in DNN and dont know much.

It is requedt to would you please guide me ?

Thnaks

Veteran Member

Are you able to login to your DNN clone as superuser?

New Around Here

Dear Sebastian

I am still struggling to disable the Azure B2C Authentication and enable DNN Default Auth.

Thanks

Veteran Member

are you able to login to the local site and access the personabar (black icon bar on the left)?

New Around Here

Hi Sebastian

Yes, I am not able to Login as Authentication is Azure B2C. Currently, I only see the page for entering the email. nothing else.

Please have a look:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/60glzv0z89v4bi1/dnn.localhost.com_website.PNG/file

When I put my email address that does not redirect to Local Host.

Therefore I want to disable the AZURE B2C or by pass this or any other solution to check the functionality on Local Machine.

Would you please guide me further, much appreciated.

Thanks

Veteran Member

I would probably go to your Azure install and enable the default DNN authentication scheme without unauthorizing the other.

The, after verifying that both methods work, use a copy of that install for your local installation. (And, you can then disable DNN authentication on your production site.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 05 Aug 2021 08:43 AM
                  I would probably go to your Azure install and enable the default DNN authentication scheme without unauthorizing the other.

The, after verifying that both methods work, use a copy of that install for your local installation. (And, you can then disable DNN authentication on your production site.

Should be the easiest option.

New Around Here

Dear Craig

It is request to would you pleae guide me how I will do the 

• enable the default DNN authentication scheme without unauthorizing the other

I am new in DNN and currently bit confused.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Anil

Veteran Member

In the Persona Bar, select Settings, Extensions.

In the Extensions page, select Authentication Systems. You should have both the DNN Default and the Active Directory authentication systems available.

Click the Pencil icon to edit the DNN Default Authentication. Then select the Site Settings tab. Then click the checkbox to Enable it.

Next go to the Active Directory authentication and edit. If the checkbox to hide the login controls is selected, uncheck it.

The next time you click the login link, you should see a tabbed login box and you can choose the one that you want to use for this particular login.

I'd recommending checking the Default Authentication to make sure that it works.
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved