DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Could not load type with GDPR consent viper

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello!

Recently I inherited the task of applying GDPR compliance to a website at my company. Some years ago, another - now gone - employee researched dnn plugins and got GDPR compliance viper, and we have the licenses purchases and all.

I can install the plugin (version 1.0.2) and add it to the main page, but when I go into the module administration it doesn't load and the log shows this error:

----------------------------------------------------------

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'DotNetNuke.Admin.Modules.ModuleLocalization'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'DotNetNuke.Admin.Modules.ModuleLocalization'. ---> System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'DotNetNuke.Admin.Modules.ModuleLocalization'.
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.WebFormsModuleControlFactory.CreateModuleControl(TemplateControl containerControl, ModuleInfo moduleConfiguration)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleControlFactory.LoadModuleControl(TemplateControl containerControl, ModuleInfo moduleConfiguration)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Pane pane, ModuleInfo module)

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing it's a version issue but I'm not knowledgeable enough about DNN to move forward. I tried searching for the module in question without results and I tried resetting language settings (it blew the test server).

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit:

GDPR Consent Viper I'm using is version 1.0.2

DNN is DNN 8.0.4

Veteran Member

I would use the default GDPR compliance of DNN.
      My guess is that the purchased module was at a time when DNN did not have this feature on board.

Settings - Site settings - Site behavior - Privacy
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

My first guess would be a version problem.

1. What version of DNN are you using?
        2. What version of the module are you using?

I use that module on one installation without any problems. Plus, they are pretty good with support.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 04 Aug 2021 04:21 AM
          I would use the default GDPR compliance of DNN.
          My guess is that the purchased module was at a time when DNN did not have this feature on board.

Settings - Site settings - Site behavior - Privacy

I'm afraid our version of DNN is older than this feature as we use DNN8 and I can't find the "privacy" menu

New Around Here

Posted By Joe Craig on 04 Aug 2021 08:23 AM
            My first guess would be a version problem.

1. What version of DNN are you using?
            2. What version of the module are you using?

I use that module on one installation without any problems. Plus, they are pretty good with support.

Oh, I thought I added all the versions in my first post, sorry.

Im using DNN 8 and GDPR Cookie Consent Viper 1.0.2

Version problem was my guess, but I couldn't find info about this specific problem and I believe the module is compatible with DNN 7 through 9

Veteran Member

I'd check with the developers and ask which version of their module you should be using.

I'd also make plans ASAP to upgrade. You are woefully out of date and vulnerable to security issues that have been fixed subsequently. And, DNN 9.x is quite superior to what you are using.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved