DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Install DNN on Amazon Web Service (AWS)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am working with DNN for years now and have worked on different hosting providers. I am new to AWS. I have a new AWS account which gave by my client. Please, can anybody help me where and how to start with AWS to set up a new DNN 9 website? Do we have to set up IIS/MSSQL databases on AWS ourselves? 

I really appreciate it if you can show me the path to work on. Do we have FTP and RDP for the AWS setup? Where to start and how to start with AWS hosting?

Please, help. 

Thank you!

Veteran Member

Yma,

I found a couple of links in this post of the old DNN forums that might be helpful.

It would be a great idea to share your experience and write a blog article here when you succeeded.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thank you very much Mich. I will go through the links.

New Around Here

During the software development life cycle, independent testing teams (testers) test software code while it is under development. Their goal is to identify and reproduce software bugs and defects. https://mlsdev.com/services/web-development They also verify that the software functions correctly and provide expected results. Independent testing teams create software development history and they help software developers plan software releases.

Veteran Member

For DNNCon Baltimore (and maybe at least one DNNSummit) we set up AWS instances for our training sessions. My memory is that we used a canned AWS instance that had MSSQL installed. Installation of DNN on those instances was the same as installation on a physical box. I'd imagine that it's even easier 4-5 years later.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved