DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Extension install on 9.2.2. Fails

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

The installation fails with ANY DNN module gives just this message:

An unknown error has occured. Please check your installation zip file and try again. 
    Common issues with bad installation files:

• Zip file size is too large, check your IIS settings for max upload file size.
    • Missing resources in the zip file.
    • Invalid files in the package.
    • File extension is not .zip.
    • Check that you are logged in.

Veteran Member

I have a feeling your install is not vanilla. As the 9.2 version breaks a lot of API's, my first guess is that you have a third party theme or module that is not 9.2 compliant.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Not so. Just clean install of 9.2.2. done by the operator. Tried to install iFrame module wit no success, same with couple other modules I bought from DNN store.

Now I got tired to playing with version and revert to ver. 9 where none of theese problems exists.....

Veteran Member

It's possible that you have some file permission issues.

You said reverting to an earlier 9.x version. Was this a clean install, or an upgrade.

One final suggestion is to use nvQuickSite to do the initial install. It will get all of the permissions set with no problems.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Jarmo,

did you install the latest version of the IFrame module (from here)?

Is there something in the event log that gives more info about the error?

Happy DNNing!
            Michael

Michael Tobisch
            DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
            DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Usually inspecting the ZIP file itself will help to determine the cause of that error.  Most often, it's the wrong zip file in my experience.  :) 

If you want a more verbose answer, I'd suggesting running the installation zip you're trying through EVS

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved