DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Event time being modified by daylight savings time

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

In Dnn 9.3 i have created a visualizer that displays the name, date and time of an event. The time of some of the events is 1 hour ahead of what is being entered in the start time. This seems to change based on daylights savings time. Any thoughts on how to correct this issue? I want to display the time that is being entered in as the start time and not have it modified by daylight savings time. I'm using (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) and this is the same within the portal settings, the server time is correct and is also using (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Veteran Member

Suggest you also contact Evoq support for this. You're paying for it, so you should use it!
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks Joe - I have contact support, it has been escalated to level 2.
        Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and how they corrected it.

New Around Here

This has been pushed off to the engineering team - my past experiences with this is that it can be months or longer if i ever hear from them.

Still looking for a solution and how others have handled this issue...

Veteran Member

are you using DNN Events module?

New Around Here

We are using a very basic custom visualizer that captures the Name of the event, date / time and location. We are using these events in multiple places like our events calendar, events list, upcoming meetings and for minutes and agendas. Unfortunately, i don't think the events module is custom enough to meet our needs.

Veteran Member

Most users in here have little or no experience with recent Evoq versions, which is why there's not a lot of response I guess.

New Around Here

Thanks Timo, is there another forum or other resources which you can recommend? 

Veteran Member

please contact support at DNN Corp.

Veteran Member

Posted By kletendre on 16 Sep 2019 01:23 PM

Thanks Timo, is there another forum or other resources which you can recommend? 

Not really, I would raise a ticket at DNN Corp or maybe contct one of their listed partners?

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved