DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Page Duplication

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Greetings,

I'm new to DNN and I'm working on creating a new website with a newer version of DNN (the old website was 07.03.04 (45) and the one I'm using is 09.01.01 (129), I'm aware that it's not the current version).

On the older version i would click on "Copy" and i would be able to choose which modules i would like to copy and which I wanted to reference. But in the current version i can only duplicate the page and copy all modules without reference.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
    Best Regards,
    José Nobre

Veteran Member

May I make a suggestion rather than answering your question? PLEASE upgrade beyond 9.1.1. As a minimum 9.6.2, but do yourself a favor and get to 9.10.1 and without Telerik components. This might mean more work up front, but it will be a life saver moving forward. 9.1.1 and 9.10.1 have only the "9" in common.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

To answer your question, I think that the Copy functionality disappeared. Back when DNN 9 was developed, "some people" made some bad choices to eliminate some functionality that they deemed unimportant or something.

The good news is that you can save a page template and with or without content. You can use that template when you create a new page.

And if you liked the ability to apply a different template to an existing page, you can do that by appending ?ctl=importtab to the page's url.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you for your quick response.

I've already suggested to my superiors that they update to the latest version, but unfortunately, it is still on the "To-do list". I work at a small university and we are understaffed in the IT department. I will take on your advice and insist on making the upgrade.

I just want to be sure but by creating a Template will the necessary modules be referenced?

On our current project, we are setting up a website only for the description of various events, (exemple 1exemple 2). The pages are composed of various modules in different panels, most of them are independent but a few modules must be referenced (Footer, Map, and a couple of other modules).

I hope to be making myself clear.
          Best regards,
          José Nobre

New Around Here

I've made a Template as suggested but none of the modules are referenced. Is there a way to specify the modules I want to reference and the ones I don't?

Best regards,
            José Nobre

Veteran Member

I don't think so. For those, you can always delete the modules and add them back via the add module functionality.

(One thing to look at is the actual template file. It may be possible to edit something in the XML to include a module as a reference. Not sure, though ...)
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you for all your help,

Best regards,
                José Nobre

New Around Here

I'm sorry for reopening this topic.

I found this page about the same issue I'm having and it shows that there is an option for modules when duplicating pages.

It says that they are using version Dnn 9 and older. Was it truly removed from version 9 and above or is there something I have to do to use it?
                  I'm sorry for repeating this question since we will have to create multiple pages with the same format and shared modules.

I truly appreciate your time and patience,
                  José Nobre

Advanced Member

That dialog is accessible when duplicating a page on the latest version of DNN. You need to go to the Modules tab under Advanced to find it. It's possible it isn't in 9.1.1, I'm not certain, but it is in current versions.
                    DNN partner specializing in custom, enterprise DNN development https://engagesoftware.com/showcase

New Around Here

Thank you for your reply.

I will do my best to upgrade the version, but it may take some time since we are a small team.

Best regards,
                      José Nobre

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved