DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Install custom module on dnn 9.3.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Any ideas where to dig from when every extension install is ending to this:

An unknown error has occurred. Please check your installation zip file and try again.
    Common issues with bad installation files:

• Zip file size is too large, check your IIS settings for max upload file size.
    • Missing resources in the zip file.
    • Invalid files in the package.
    • File extension is not .zip.
    • Check that you are logged in.

I have installed this module on my local environment it works perfectly but when I try to install that on some dev environments I have face this issue both local and dev environments in the same DNN version (v. 09.03.02 (24)

)

Veteran Member

Please check if the application pool user has the necessary permissions in the file system (Modify) and the database (dbo for the time of installing).

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

I'm a bit new to dnn can you please tell me how to check current users have enough permission to do this

Veteran Member

Check if DNN has not set the upload size too tight

Persona bar - Settings - Security - More - More security settings - Max Upload Size (MB)

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
          Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Its 1513 MB but my module is less than it 

Veteran Member

Posted By Ravindu on 14 Oct 2021 06:11 AM

I'm a bit new to dnn can you please tell me how to check current users have enough permission to do this

In IIS manager, right click the website and go to Manage Website > Advanced Settings... In the first line you see the name of the application pool, eg. DnnAppPool. Double click "Authentication" in the website settings and make sure that for "Anonymous Authentication" the option "Application pool identity" is selected (when you click on Edit on the right side).

The (in Windows Explorer) go to the root of your website, right click the root folder in your file system and go to the Security tab. Check if the name of your application pool is there and has modify permissions. If it is not there, add it (the name to add is "IIS AppPool\name_of_the_apppool", in the above example "IIS AppPool\DnnAppPool"), and assign these permissions. Make sure the permissions are inherited throughout the whole sub tree. Stopping the app pool in IIS manager could help if you run into errors doing that.

In SQL Server, check if you have a login (in SSMS under Security > Logins) with this name (IIS AppPool\...) when you use integrated security, or the username you find in the connection string of your web.config file, and that this login is in the db_owner role for the database (at least during installation). For better security of your SQL Server, you should read Secure your DNN Database by some simple steps (dnncommunity.org).

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

New Around Here

Still no luck on this i had check all the permission are there

Veteran Member

Any errors in the (DNN-)event log and/or log4net files (normally in /Portals/_default/logs)?

Happy DNNing!
                  Michael

Michael Tobisch
                  DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                  DNN Connect

New Around Here

No any errors 

Veteran Member

Maybe any dependencies in the module manifest that don't meet your installation? I'm running out of ideas...

Happy DNNing!
                      Michael

Michael Tobisch
                      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                      DNN Connect
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved