DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrading from v9.4.4 to 9.10.2 broke Pages on the persona bar and the page settings for every page

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Posted By Ana_Dana on 02 Nov 2021 09:33 PM

Also, is there any other way to access page settings, other than the IFrame?

Yes, but I recommend this only to well-experienced admins. All the page settings are stored in a table called TabSettings (in former DNN versions, pages were called "Tabs", this is still reflected in the database). You need to know the TabID (the ID of the page), the exact name of the setting and the possible values. Then - after backing up the database! - you may change the appropriate values. Maybe give it a try in a testing environment before applying anything on a production system.

Don't forget to restart the application pool after changing the values in the database, otherwise they won't be reflected (Cache!).

Happy DNNing!
    Michael

Michael Tobisch
    DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
    DNN Connect

Can it be the same as know issue on github?
      https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4818

New Around Here

Posted By Site4All - Web Development on 05 Nov 2021 09:40 AM
        Can it be the same as know issue on github?
        https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4818

Yes, looks like the first error I am receiving is the same as the issue reported in the link.

New Around Here

Ok, after spending a lot of time I found the other 3 errors are occurring because of NULLs in Tabs table for StartDate and EndDate columns, which is causing the blank IFrame. Majority of the pages on my website don't need StartDate and EndDate (because we don't enable page scheduling). When I set these columns to some random date, the PB's Pages opens fine. Does anyone else has similar issue after the upgrade to the latest? Is it a real bug? Looks like one to me.

New Around Here

In my specific case, the Persona Bar error and broken display appeared when upgrading from DNN 9.8.1 to 9.10.2 and following the instructions for removing Telerik from the site.  In Manage / Site Assets, when I replace the Digital Asset Management module with the Resource Manager module, the page breaks. 

If I set the Resource Manager to IsDeleted = 1 int he TabModules table in the database, the page will load again.  Also, if I turn off the "combine files" option just for JS files, that allows the page to load.

Is there a specific reason "combine files" should be disabled?  I did this for JavaScript and it resolved the problem I was having.  I am just curious if the ability to turn this back on will come with a later release of DNN or if there is something I can change in my configuration.

Veteran Member

Posted By Patrick Richards on 07 Jan 2022 10:11 AM

In my specific case, the Persona Bar error and broken display appeared when upgrading from DNN 9.8.1 to 9.10.2 and following the instructions for removing Telerik from the site.  In Manage / Site Assets, when I replace the Digital Asset Management module with the Resource Manager module, the page breaks. 

If I set the Resource Manager to IsDeleted = 1 int he TabModules table in the database, the page will load again.  Also, if I turn off the "combine files" option just for JS files, that allows the page to load.

Is there a specific reason "combine files" should be disabled?  I did this for JavaScript and it resolved the problem I was having.  I am just curious if the ability to turn this back on will come with a later release of DNN or if there is something I can change in my configuration.

Yes, there is an issue with the Resoure manager and Composit files.
              https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4885

Veteran Member

Posted By Ana_Dana on 07 Nov 2021 08:37 PM
                Ok, after spending a lot of time I found the other 3 errors are occurring because of NULLs in Tabs table for StartDate and EndDate columns, which is causing the blank IFrame. Majority of the pages on my website don't need StartDate and EndDate (because we don't enable page scheduling). When I set these columns to some random date, the PB's Pages opens fine. Does anyone else has similar issue after the upgrade to the latest? Is it a real bug? Looks like one to me.

I just checked a (working) DNN 9 site and there all Start- and End-dates are NULL so I wonder why that helps..

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved