DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Unable to Complete Recommended Telerik Removal Process after 9.10.2 Upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We upgraded our DNN site to 9.10.2. The upgrade completed without a problem in both test and then production environments, and the Telerik removal process outlined here also went smoothly on test. But, when I attempted to repeat the same process in production, Step 10 broke our site, generating a server error complaining that the Telerik control were missing and rendering further action through the CMS impossible. Had to roll back to our backup and try again, but the same thing happened. 

I figured out that I could manually copy the backed-up Telerik DLL files back in to "fix" the issue, but then of course we're back at Step 10 again and as soon as they're once again removed, site breaks. Also, I noticed something fishy when comparing test vs. production--the Digital Asset Management module is still listed under Installed Extensions on production, even though I deleted it including "all files" in step 8. It's listed as an installed module but the delete icon no longer appears next to it and the DigialAssets folder is no longer present under /DesktopModules. I wonder if this is culprit, but if it is I have no idea how to fix. 

Any and all advice on this would be much appreciated!

Veteran Member

When you say that you "deleted" the Digital Assets Module, did you do that via the DNN Extensions page?

Can you Edit the module on the Extensions page? If so, you should edit it to not be a premium module. After that, you may have a delete icon again.

If none of that works, can yo rollback again? If so, try deleting the Digital Assets Module before doing the upgrade.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

It sounds like there are still telerik dependencies installed. As Joe said, you probably need to restore and start over. It's possible a step was missed or production might actually be different. Double-check things using the Telerik Identifier on the link you're following in DNN docs. :)
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved