DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Customization with DNN

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi DNN Community,

I have below requirment.

-> I want to setup access of DNN (Admin - Backend) to the Intranet user's only.
    -> I want to setup access of Web site (Front End - Annonymous User) to the internet.
    -> How DNN work with MVC Module, How we can integrate the same.
    -> How I can setup load balancing for the DNN web site
    -> How we can do database mirroring / Clustering for Load balancing
    -> How many server is required to manage the DNN.

Thanks.

Veteran Member

Posted By Nilesh Jain on 05 Jan 2022 09:33 AM

-> I want to setup access of DNN (Admin - Backend) to the Intranet user's only.

Access to the "Backend" is limited to users who have admin/edit permissions. You may install an AD Authentication Provider to have SSO and assign the permissions to specific users/roles.

-> I want to setup access of Web site (Front End - Annonymous User) to the internet.

To access an intranet site from external machines a WAF (Web Application Firewall) is really helpful. You may also  activate 2FA, and restrict access to admin/edit functionality there, even for "internal" users (which does not make to much sense in my eyes). Anonymous users have only permissions to view the content for the roles "All Users" and "Unregistered Users".

-> How DNN work with MVC Module, How we can integrate the same.

About MVC: there are a lot of tutorials, also vidoes etc. in the net. Usse Google to find out. A good start is Chris Hammond's (christoc) MVC templates.

-> How I can setup load balancing for the DNN web site

Read about "Web Farms".

-> How we can do database mirroring / Clustering for Load balancing

You do that with SQL Server, either a Failover Cluster Instance or Transaction Log Shipping (which is outdated afaik) or Availability Groups. Whatever seems to fit your needs. For IIS you need a Windows Cluster/Web Farm.

-> How many server is required to manage the DNN.

At least one (if you mean the machine by "server"), if you install IIS and SQL Server on the same machine.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect
      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved