DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to change home page content

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi All,

Please advice how to change or load some useful content in home page instead of showing as empty !

Veteran Member

Please provide some more details about your DNN installation.

I also think that if you are new to DNN, you need to find some introductory material regarding DNN. Start with YouTube. This might help you get started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qozY9zL45c8

Presumably this is a new installation of DNN. When you created the installation, you went through a screen where you configured a dozen or so options. One of those options was the site theme (design). The two choices are "default" or "empty" site. You might want to go to the PB, find Sites, and create a second site, this time using the default site, which has some content. This is similar to the site shown in the video above.

If you chose "empty" then you have a site with a single page (Home) with no content.

The way to change this is by adding pages (using the Persona Bar's Pages option).

(The Persona Bar is that vertical black column at the left with some icons. The PB appears only if you are logged in as an administrator or superuser.)

Next you can add modules to any existing pages, including the home page. You do that by putting the site into Edit mode (click the pencil icon art the bottom of the PB. Click it a second time and it turns blue, indicating that it will stick around until you click the Close button.) I would suggest adding an HTML module and then using controls that appear next to that module and select Edit Content)

Finally, all of this might make more sense. I recently discovered that a pdf version of the book Professional DotNetNuke 5 is available here:

https://www.google.com/ur...2ZlblgfsDZFVAm5tXcgH

Don't be put off that the book is 12 years old. Much of the content is still quite valid, and most of the content is valid in principle.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

These are some key concepts in DNN. You will find lots of details about these and more in the book I referenced.

Installation: DNN is a framework for building web applications. For most people, this means that a single installation of DNN can house multiple websites.

Pages: A DNN website consists of pages.

Theme: A Theme defines the look and feel (structure and appearance) of DNN pages. A single theme can be applied to all pages in a DNN website, or different pages can have different themes.

Modules: Modules are placed on DNN pages to house content. One simple example is the HTML Module. You can put chunks of HTML here.

Containers: Containers wrap CSS style and structure around modules.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks for your reply. I am completely new to this platform and i don't have exp in html and css . 

Today i did one mistake by default Standard option there , but i have changed to URL and i have given my customer company web site 

now the problem is while accessing portal url (https://bc.jason.com.sg:8...lenavcustomerportal/ )  it is redirecting to our customer URL 
          I don’t know how to revert back . Please help .Please help Really sorry . 

Veteran Member

Because I don't know what you did, I don't have any suggestions.

I do suggest that you create a test DNN installation and use that as your learning tool. DON'T use a URL that matches your real site.

Also, the virtual DNN Summit meeting is coming up this week. You could attend, use it for some knowledge, and also use the networking opportunities to connect with people who might be able to help. See dnnsummit.org for details.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

As Joe said, it is very hard to help as there could be a number of reasons why things are not working as planned. DNN is the most powerful CMS in my opinion but it is not as simple as Wix. If you like the video that Joe mentioned: there is a lot more to discover on https://dnncommunity.org/Resources/Videos#

I just tried to check you website but it is asking for a login.

Regards
              Tycho
              Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
              Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
              We just love DNN
              https://www.tjeps.com
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved