DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN Store

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

I noticed we have a new DNN store for third party themes, modules etc: https://store.dnnsoftware.com/ 

Very nice but what happened with order history. Is this still available? Is the "old" store still available on a backup url?

Who is running the store? DNN Corp?

Veteran Member

Order history is still available in My account - Archive downloads
      The old store is not available anymore
      And yes, DNN Corp is running this.

It was actually an old project from Andy who believed that standardizing was key and therefore used Nopcommerce for this one.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Advanced Member

Thanks Tycho... looks good so why not use Nopcommerce (it's .Net)

So DNN Corp is still active? how many people?

Veteran Member

Well, active seems to be a bit euphemistic, tbh.

DNN Platform is maintained by the community, at DNN Corp there are no developers or technical officers there afaik (I am avoiding to say it's just a call center ;-)). I read many complains in the last months or years from people that need support but don't get it (even if they pay not so less money). Many switch over to DNN Platform (which is not a trivial task, but possible).

But maybe I don't have the latest infos...

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Yeah, Michael is correct. As I am still registered as partner voor Evoq, once in a while I get requests for licenses. A few years ago this was not to difficult. About a year ago it took a few weeks to get a quote and last time I did not get an answer at all. 

Some more trivia:

• DNN Corp they has indicated to be sponsoring DNN events again.
            • The lack of resources from Corp is not a big deal for me, tbh. Because Community has been in the driver seat for several years now and things are not too shabby  
            • Why NopCommerce is something noteworthy: If you think your own software is not up to par, you have 2 choices: step up and fix your gear or use something else. My choice would be to eat my own dog food and commit to make my product better.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Tycho,

maybe T3 acquired nopCommerce? laugh

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved