DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Error TapID Not Found

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi, when i try to edit a some pages in my dnn i get Error 500 all ready check this issue using the next FIX

1 - SELECT * FROM TabUrls WHERE PortalAliasId IS NOT NULL 0 Records

2 - UPDATE TabUrls SET PortalAliasId = NULL Where TabId = <Enter TabId from Step 3> AND SeqNum = <Enter SeqNum from Step 

Version: DNN Version 9.3.2

[ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.ArgumentException: String cannot be of zero length.
    Parameter name: oldValue
       at System.String.ReplaceInternal(String oldValue, String newValue)
       at System.String.Replace(String oldValue, String newValue)
       at Dnn.PersonaBar.Pages.Components.PageUrlsController.GetSortedUrls(TabInfo tab, Int32 portalId, Lazy`1 locales, Int32 sortColumn, Boolean sortOrder, Boolean isSystem)
       at Dnn.PersonaBar.Pages.Components.PageUrlsController.GetPageUrls(TabInfo tab, Int32 portalId)
       at Dnn.PersonaBar.Pages.Components.PagesControllerImpl.GetPageSettings(Int32 pageId, PortalSettings requestPortalSettings)
       at Dnn.PersonaBar.Pages.Services.PagesController.GetPageDetails(Int32 pageId)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.<TraceBeginEndAsyncCore>d__18`1.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.<TraceBeginEndAsyncCore>d__18`1.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

Veteran Member

what are you trying to achieve?
      which step 3 are you referring to?

New Around Here

I need to be able to edit the web pages of my web site, but when I try it I get the 500 error, I need to know how I can solve the problem that I showed above.

and sorry, Step 3 is a typing error.

Thanks

Veteran Member

i still don't understand, why you are modifying taburls table manually,
          If you don't have records with PortalAliasID, why do you try to update it to Null?

Try:
          DELETE FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}TabUrls]
          WHERE TabID Not IN (SELECT TabID FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}Tabs])
          GO
          UPDATE {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}TabUrls] SET PortalAliasId = Null
          WHERE PortalAliasId Not IN (SELECT PortalAliasID FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}PortalAlias])

GO

New Around Here

Hello, I am not deleting the tabs, I found a DNN literature where it indicates how to resolve the 500 error when you want to make an edition, URL attached

ERROR 500 DNN

Veteran Member

understood, but the recipe is for a different version of DNN and you mentioned, there are NO records returned, when you run the first query, i.e. there are no records with irregular PortalAliasID.<
              please backup your database and run this SQL statements from HOST > SQL console, it makes sure, there are no leftovers from deleted pages:
              DELETE FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}TabUrls]
              WHERE TabID Not IN (SELECT TabID FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}Tabs])
              GO

you need to restart the application afterwards.

New Around Here

Hi, thanks for time i execute this script and i get (0 row(s) affected)

LOG DEBUG

2022-07-27 14:46:33,865 [PROSVR01][Thread:17][WARN] DotNetNuke.Entities.Tabs.TabController - Invalid tabId -1 of portal 0
                2022-07-27 14:46:33,871 [PROSVR01][Thread:17][WARN] DotNetNuke.Web.Api.StandardTabAndModuleInfoProvider - The specified moniker () is not defined in the system
                2022-07-27 14:46:33,872 [PROSVR01][Thread:17][WARN] DotNetNuke.Web.Api.StandardTabAndModuleInfoProvider - The specified moniker () is not defined in the system
                2022-07-27 14:46:44,514 [PROSVR01][Thread:17][WARN] DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.LocalizationProvider - Missing localization key. key:Pages_GetPageDetails.Error resFileRoot:~/App_GlobalResources/Exceptions.resx threadCulture:es-ES userlan:
                2022-07-27 14:46:44,514 [PROSVR01][Thread:17][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.ArgumentException: String cannot be of zero length.
                Parameter name: oldValue

New Around Here

No Body?

Veteran Member

Tabid -1 is a substitute in the API and database for Null - originally, .Net integer did not support null.
                    Maybe upgrading to DNN latest would be the best option, there had been a number of fixes since 9.3.2

Veteran Member

@ARGJ, I agree with Sebastian that upgrading is a first good step. The issue in general is that a 500 error is quite generic and therefore hard to suggest a solution. The 'solution' you found somewhere might be an answer for a setup where there is some issue with empty portalIDs but this is clearly not the case in your setup. Which mean we are back to square 1 and kinda in the dark with the generic 500 error. Which basically says 'there is an error but no clue where/how/why'.

So, to pinpoint what the cause might be, I would start with the most basic scenario:
                      - Page with Xcillion theme
                      - Just HTML module
                      If this works, your issue is related to either a theme or some extension on the page.
                      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                      We just love DNN
                      https://www.tjeps.com
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved