DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Two DDR Menu in the theme which will be visible through out the website

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi Team,

I have 8-10 menu items so that in one DDR menu(Horizontal in header) I can put some of the important menu items  and in the second DDR Menu(Vertical) all in list format can be put under hamburger. Please let me know if you have any of the links or resources through which I can get an overview how two menus can be added in single theme.
    Looking foreword to your guidance and support.

Thanks!!

Veteran Member

It's actually quite easy. Once you have mastered creating a single menu and putting it in your skin file, just create a second one and add it where you want to be.

To get a start, you might want to play around with the module version of DDR. Drop the module on a page an configure it. And, because it's a module, it will be easy to adjust the menu settings. The menu settings will define the menu structure and which pages appear. CSS is used to style the menus.

You'll probably want to check out the documentation at https://docs.dnncommunity...s/ddrmenu/index.html

When you want to use multiple DDR menus in a skin, it's really just as simple as putting multiple dnn:menu tags in the skin file, each with its separate configuration.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks  Joe!! Will definitely try to do this. This will definitely help me. Thanks for your kind gesture.

New Around Here

Thanks Joe, again a small question came to my mind, Since I'll be using two ddr menus is it possible to handle some of the menu items is shown in first one and in the other one all menu items should be shown. I tried by switching off "display in menu " from the page setting (Page > Details section in dnn through persona bar)for one of the menu item but it has reflected on both the DDR Menus. Can you suggest what is the possible Solution to handle this hurdle. Thanks for Your Kind Gesture Joe.

Veteran Member

DDR has a number of options that control which pages are included in the menu. Go to https://docs.dnncommunity.org/ and search for DDR Menu to find them.

In particular you'll want to check IncludeNodes and ExcludeNodes.

Also, there is a module version of DDR that can be installed on a test page. You and use the module's settings to experiment.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Dear Joe,
              Warm Wishes!
              That's right, I have gone through the DNN Docs but was unable to find such that if using two ddr menus then how to show some items out of all items in one and all items in other,"https://docs.dnncommunity.org/content/tutorials/themes/theme-objects/ddrmenu/index.html#choosing-pages-to-show-in-the-menu". The above is the link where I found which pages to show in menu, but I have to work on different scenario as mentioned above. Is it feasible or not . Also my menu is being created one in all thats the reason it is reflecting in both the menus. Please let me know if any solution is possible. Thanks for always showing your Kind Gesture.

Veteran Member

Did you see the IncludeNodes and ExcludeNodes options? Did you dig down to the Reference Guide. Have you experimented with two different sets of options for the two menus?

Those would all be good items to look at.

If you use IncludeNodes, you can literally create a menu from a list of pages. But, the other options allow you to build the list other ways.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved