DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Sync Staging site with the live site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi

I have my live site built on the DNN community version. Now I want to set up a staging server as we have some module changes, new module developments, and content changes with new page addition. We want to do all these changes on the staging site first and then move to the live site after checking all.

What is the best way to sync my new developments to the live DNN site? Now we are transferring everything manually after each and every modification. Files and modules. But please, can I know what is the best way to do this?

Thank you!

Veteran Member

I think that manual is the best way to go.

- Move or update modules on production
      - Use ONLY modules that support iPortable
      - Export pages or modules from staging
      - Import pages and modules to production. (There is a feature that lets you replace an existing page with an export from another site.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you very much for your reply, Joe.

So once we do any changes on the staging site, the only way we have t move the changes and files manually? So don't we have a smart way to move to DNN changes by checking the latest changes from the staging site to the production site?

Don't we have a third-party module or a standard method?

DNN files, modules, Database changes, content changes, or any changes we do on the staging site.

Thank you!

Veteran Member

You are correct.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved