DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade 9.10.2 to 9.11 Error in security

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Upgrade 9.10.2 to 9.11 The process does not advance 2 Security (Checking security aspects of this installation).

check the post https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4887
    already previously remove telerik manually.

It does not present any error, it stays processing. Thank you

New Around Here

I solved it, in the version 9.10.2 site the update process was frozen, perform a new clean installation of Cms and move the web.config and the .dll libraries from the bin folder to the version 9.10.2 site, from this way the update process was passed. I hope it will help you if you are presented with this error.

Advanced Member

As long as you retain the machineKey and decryptionKey from the original installation this can work. Those keys are used to encrypt cookies and passwords in the database.

Mariette Knap
        Microsoft MVP Alumni

New Around Here

I'm having this same issue but the solution isn't clear. Do I use the full Install zip, rather than the Upgrade one, copied over the current site files? Would I then transfer across the old web.config and DLL files from the previous copy of the website files?

Veteran Member

In most cases, if any issue at all occurs during the upgrade, the most common thing to do is to restore the website and then start again. However, I'm wondering based on the information here if the process was simply either (1) running longer than expected for some reason; and/or (2) if the scheduler was trying to run a job at the same time.

It's always a safe and good idea to turn off (disable) the scheduler before starting the upgrade process. Also, I've noticed on every installation that the security check step takes much longer than I'd expect.

New Around Here

Thanks for the reply Will. Going to try disabling the scheduler and give it another go (employing some patience too!). Will report back.

New Around Here

Problem solved. Issue was related to an out of date extension (in this case was Evotiva DNNBackup). Updated that to the latest version, and the DNN upgrade completed quickly and successfully. Thanks all.

Veteran Member

Posted By edmacfly on 10/11/2022 1:31 AM
                  Problem solved. Issue was related to an out of date extension (in this case was Evotiva DNNBackup). Updated that to the latest version, and the DNN upgrade completed quickly and successfully. Thanks all.

Ah... Yes, upgrading extensions is usually one of our first steps.  You should take a look at our upgrade process.  Links are below...  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved