DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Need help taking town old site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi I need help with removing an old website, the urls are;

https://www.cam1.org.au/courage/

https://www.cam1.org.au/en-us1/

These sites have got comprising information on them and need to be taken down ASAP if you know who would be best to speak to that would be great. 

Kindest regards. 

Michael david

Veteran Member

If you just need to pull the sites down temporarily, why not turn them off in IIS or by using a branded App_Offline.htm file?  

https://learn.microsoft.c...?view=aspnetcore-6.0

New Around Here

Hi Will, thanks so much for the insight.

I dont have access to the site's FTP client. So I cant actually update the code myself.

so I'm trying to get in touch with the guys at DNN who created the site in 2011. Might be a bit of a longshot, but I need to get it done for information security because the old site has comprimising information that hasnt been updated. 

just trying to find someone who might be able to help me take it down. 

Cheers,

Michael. 

Veteran Member

If you're referring to DNN Corp, I'm afraid that there's not much we can do for you here.  You should create a support request and keep asking for an update, every day.  :(  

However, if you have access to a superuser account, you can use the permissions of the pages to take them all down except for Administrators.  

If you have RDP access to the server, you'd be able to implement this as the App_Offline.htm file or using IIS.  It sounds like you might not have that level of access either.  

It sounds like you'll need to also contact the website host if you can to find a way into your websites.  

You're also making it sound a bit like a security issue.  If this is the case, please do not post anything related to security in these public forums.  Should you have any security incidents to report, you should instead follow our community security policy.  

https://github.com/dnnsof...form/security/policy

New Around Here

Oh sure thank you so much Will. You've been a huge help, so where do I lodge this support request? 

Because as far as im aware the two methods of contact for DNN Corp are;

[email protected]

[email protected]

, and both have been unresponsive.

your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. 

Michael

New Around Here

Oh sure thank you so much Will. You've been a huge help, so where do I lodge this support request? 

Because as far as im aware the two methods of contact for DNN Corp are;

[email protected]

[email protected]

, and both have been unresponsive.

your time and consideration is greatly appreciated. 

Michael

Veteran Member

I'm afraid that you have correct contact information, but they're notoriously slow at responses.  This is why I mentioned, "ask for an update every day."  :(  

You can also attempt to get more information at their official support page, but there's not much to do there unless you have a valid support login.  

https://www.dnnsoftware.c...ces/customer-support

I hope they get to you soon!  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved