DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Regard Running DNN source code

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

hello @all,

while releasing the source code in visual studio I am getting this error - "yarn" exited with code 1.

Please help, so that we can resolve it ASAP as it belongs to security thing in website.
    Thanks,

Veteran Member

Hello and welcome!  

There shouldn't be any reason to download, run, or do anything else with the source code unless you're getting ready to work on development to either change the source code (core code change) or work on an issue to submit a pull request to include it into a future DNN release.  

Core code changes are NOT recommended and not supported in any way by any vendors in the ecosystem.  Doing this will 100% ensure that you have numerous issues upgrading and maybe even several other worse scenarios. 

In either case, the path is the same.  You'll want to review the video playlist below.  

https://www.youtube.com/w...jVAt50ORp1TIIiaeLtq2

With that being said, if you're trying to do anything else, I'd recommend looking at the source code in GitHub first.  And for everything else where code is needed, there is a 99.9% chance there's another way to do it without doing anything with the DNN source code.  :) 

In the latter case above, I'd suggest creating a new forum post that outlines the challenge you're trying to solve instead of how to build DNN.  

I hope this helps and good luck!  

New Around Here

Hi Ashwin R.

About 2 years ago, I was using a recent version of the Dnn Community (free) product.

I was able to get the source code, compile it locally, and maintain it.

As such, I just want to encourage you that it CAN be done.

In fact, we expect the authors to compile before release, so it should be doable, or else why would they release it?

HTH.

Thanks.

-- Mark

Veteran Member

Anyone can run it.  I'm only suggesting that it's not necessary.  The video series in my previous post outlines just how to do that.  

In most cases though, having the source code locally is way too tempting.  As an example, the most extreme scenario we've seen is still currently in progress.  We've been working on removing core code from a client for over 3 years now.  We've had to phase the approach over 3 major updates due to the complexities the core code changes have caused. 

So, the comments about not downloading and building the source code are simply that - comments.  I'm just giving you all of the information.  There's nothing to prevent anyone from doing anything with the source code.  It's up to you.  :)  

Good luck!  

New Around Here

Hello @all
            I want to add Resource Manager Module of DNN version 9.10.2 in my existing DNN website which is upgraded with latest version 9.11.0.

I have tried to install Resource Manager Module of DNN version 9.10.2 in fresh DNN website containing version 9.11.0 and it was working correctly in fresh DNN website.

But when I am trying to do the same thing in my existing website its not working properly. its giving me error like it is blocking the persona bar and in some pages it is blocking the whole content of page ( full blank page ) .

And the another way I was thinking to change the source code of ResourceManager of version 9.11.0 and make it same as ResourceManager of 9.10.2 and then release it. So that  ResourceManagerInstall.Zip will be created and will be installed on dnn website. But here I am getting an issue while Releasing the Dnn platform 9.11.0 source code. Showing yarn is exited with code 1.

Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. So, that I can put the ResourceManager version 9.10.2 in my existing website which is of 9.11.0.

Veteran Member

Posted By Ashwin R on 11/16/2022 7:23 AM

Hello @all
              I want to add Resource Manager Module of DNN version 9.10.2 in my existing DNN website which is upgraded with latest version 9.11.0.

I have tried to install Resource Manager Module of DNN version 9.10.2 in fresh DNN website containing version 9.11.0 and it was working correctly in fresh DNN website.

But when I am trying to do the same thing in my existing website its not working properly. its giving me error like it is blocking the persona bar and in some pages it is blocking the whole content of page ( full blank page ) .

And the another way I was thinking to change the source code of ResourceManager of version 9.11.0 and make it same as ResourceManager of 9.10.2 and then release it. So that  ResourceManagerInstall.Zip will be created and will be installed on dnn website. But here I am getting an issue while Releasing the Dnn platform 9.11.0 source code. Showing yarn is exited with code 1.

Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. So, that I can put the ResourceManager version 9.10.2 in my existing website which is of 9.11.0.

That's a lot to unpack... :)  

This sounds like you should be less looking into updating/changing the source code, and do some more troubleshooting to determine why it's breaking in the first place.  You need to begin debugging the modules and theme on the page to determine what's conflicting with the persona bar and/or the resource manager. 

Once you do that, you are almost certainly going to find that you have a different fix for the issue. :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved