DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

~/login Layout

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Good Morning,

i have a custom welcome-page where users can log in. It has a custom skin and a page-specific css.

The latter seems to be mandatory for the look of the login-popup.

At my development enviorment i can go to dnndev.me/login and it shows my custom layout and uses the page specific css.

At production it shows the Xcillion layout, but with that page specific css too.

I would either want it to look like on my development enviroment or show the Xcillion layout without using the page-specific-css from the welcome-page. 

I tried different combinations at the site-behavior settings, without success yet. This is how it looks atm:

By now i'm almost tempted to solve it by adding some javascript, to handle css attributes, inside the Xcillion ascx, but that feels kind of wrong. 

It would be very helpful to know how to control what's going on at the ~/login page. Any hint is highly apreceated.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Since this is my first post in here, i'd like to thank all the people maintaing this forum. Its an awsome place which was very helpful to me in the past! 

Also, sorry if this is the wrong spot for my question.

Veteran Member

Just checking: did you verify that the page is using the default theme settings? Because in the default setup DNN has a seperate skin setup for Home, for instance. So go to page settings - advance - appearance

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Thanks for the quick reply.

Both pages, Willkommen and Home, use a custom theme setting. And i have these settings one both, my dev enviorment and production.

Also under Manage->Themes i have the same settings, Xcillion in this case, but still see different results when adding /login to the page url. 

Veteran Member

First, thank you for the compliments on the forums and community...  Many of us work very hard to make the website useful for all community members, so it's very much appreciated whenever someone says something so nice.  Thank you!! :)  

I've seen that you mentioned using a page-specific CSS and also using a page-specific theme.  If you're implementing your own theme, there's no reason to use the page-specific CSS.  The reason you see it in a default installation, is simply to avoid putting CSS into the default theme that would only be used on the example homepage after install.  This way, when you implement your own website, you're not stuck with all of that additional CSS you'll never use. :)  

So you should be having a layout in your own theme that could maybe be only meant for a single page.  Then, you can include your CSS in any way you wish.  This makes it easier to build and test your theme overall, too.  :)  

New Around Here

Hi Will, i've tried moving the page specific css into the layout css, but then the log-in popup window shows the basic design. Not sure what i'm doing wrong here.

However, i figuered it out this morning. For some reason, the customers website-alias had the Xcillion theme set as default.

Removing that website-alias setting solved the problem.

Thank you!

PS: How do i mark this as solved?

Veteran Member

Awesome news... thank you for letting us know the fix for the issue you were reporting.  

There's no need to mark it as resolved.  It will be apparent organically, especially since you reported your fix.  :)  

Have a great weekend!  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved