DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Disable Page output caching provider

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

We have some issue with a page caching when it's set to memory.

How can I disable the Page Output Cache Provider?

I know there's a setting: "Server Settings" - "Page Page Output Cache Provider"
    But there's no option in the dropdown to disable it (no caching)
    Default it's set to --Select --

Veteran Member

This was a great question!  I hadn't looked into this in a while.  

By default, there isn't a saved setting in a new instance of DNN.  Once you save the settings in the view you're referring to, a record is created for the "Page Output Caching Provider" in the HostSettings table, but only is a value other than "Select" is chosen.  

As you've noted and found out on your own, there's no clear way to simply revert this setting to the default.  You can still do this though.  

I'll be directing you to use the SQL Console feature in DNN.  

To clear this setting, use the query below.  Just copy it, paste it into the SQL Console, and execute it.  After you do, you must also clear the cache of the website.

DELETE FROM {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}HostSettings] WHERE [SettingName] = N'PageCaching';

Advanced Member

thanks did the trick!

Veteran Member

Posted By Willem on 1/23/2023 2:09 AM
          thanks did the trick!

Yay!  Happy to help.  :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved