DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Newsfeed Module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I have installed the NewFeed module for pulling RSS feeds. I now want to use it to pull an ATOM feed from Environment Canada, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Am I missing something?

Tried a couple of the feeds off this site but none work.

SPAM LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR.  THIS ACCOUNT IS BEING MONITORED. 

Veteran Member

If you provide the steps you followed and the link to the ATOM feed, we might be able to try to help you.

In the meantime, please do not post spam links, or you will be banned. Sorry for having to be blunt. :(

Growing Member

I added the Newsfeed module to the page.

Clicked Edit NewsFeeds, then Add Feed

For the feed I entered https://weather.gc.ca/rss...ttleboard/sk27_e.xml

Left all other settings as the default. Except changed the Feed Transformation option to "ATOM 1.0 Tranformation"

For the module settings I didn't change anything

Veteran Member

What version of the module are you using?  Also, what version of DNN?  Is it DNN Platform or Evoq?  

Growing Member

Module is version 5.0.1

Using DNN Platform

I think I found the issue however. I was testing this on my demo server and apparently I didn't have TLS 1.2 enabled on my demo server. I enabled this and it appears to be working now.

Veteran Member

Ah!  Yes, that will be necessary on any newer server that is getting configured.  Whenever I need to do this, the tool below is my favorite to be sure I don't accidentally make any human errors.  (And it's free!)

https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto/

Growing Member

This still doesn't seem to be working properly for ATOM feeds. Here is what I am doing;
                Step 1: When I add the feed to the module by going into "Edit News feeds" I leave the "Feed Transformation" set to "Use Default Transformation".
                Step 2: Then I go into module settings and on the tab for "News Module Setting" I can select any XSL transformation.
                The above appears to work and show the feed. However the feed links are not working.
                I believe the issue is that the XML File is an ATOM file so under each entry the "link" line doesn't just contain an href, it includes both a type and href attribute. And the XSL Transformation files are taking the link assuming it is just the HREF.
                Going into Step 1 and changing the Feed Transformation to "Atom 1.0 Tranformation" doesn't work at all as it doesn't load anything.
                Any ideas
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved