DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade jQuery UI

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I have tried to upgrade jQuery UI(01.12.01 to 01_13_02 DNN version 9.7.2) version by first going into extensions -> Selecting Javascript Libraries - > and setting custom CDN to another version.  I also set the javascript libraries tables to reflect the same but it dosent work. I restarted application and cleared cache, then checked network tab in Google chrome - still loading version 1.12.01.   What am I missing?

Veteran Member

First, it sounds like you might be on an earlier version of DNN.  It is very important that you upgrade DNN if any upgrade exists.  It not only helps with performance, new features, and more - but it also helps update libraries and other things like this that have a massive impact on how you can protect your website while keeping the underlying technologies updated.   

It's been a while since I've personally reset this, but I believe that you can't just change the original one.  Instead, create another entry for the higher version number. 

DNN should opt for and load the higher version option, but extensions that need to load a lower version can do so (but only if they know to do it and specify the version number).  

Growing Member

Thanks for your response Will,

I do not want to upgrade DNN at this time.  I read that you can update the cdn to a custom one under extensions-javascript libraries - this dosnt seem to work.  I have minification and composite files turned off at the moment to test loading of jQuery.  It is being loaded from resources/libraries/jQuery-UI/01_12_01.  Where does it set this at? Or is there anything I could modify in the dnn:jQuery skin control?

Veteran Member

My previous response agreed that you can't just change the path and the correct version is used.  You need to create another reference. :) 

Growing Member

What i ended up doing was just putting jquery ui 1.13 in folder named 01.12.01 and it worked.

Veteran Member

Posted By John A on 3/6/2023 4:54 PM
              What i ended up doing was just putting jquery ui 1.13 in folder named 01.12.01 and it worked.

Bad idea. It will be gone with the next upgrade.

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved