DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade to 09.11.01 - PersonaBar error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

FYI

First, I know… I use an old SQL Server version (2012) and I plan an upgrade this year.

If you upgrade your DNN Platform to the v9.11.1, you will have an error with the installation of the Dnn.PersonaBar.Extensions_09.11.1_Install.

The cause: In the 09.11.01.SqlDataProvider file, the T-SQL scripts use a conditional drop for delete two existing stored procedures (AddIPFilter and UpdateIPFilter). The arguments IF EXIST applies to SQL Server 2016 and up.

My solution: After the upgrade, I updated the script (09.11.01.SqlDataProvider) in the zip file under the Install/Module and I re-installed the Dnn.PersonaBar.Extensions module under Available Extensions.

New Around Here

Hi!
      Can you please show or describe how you modified the file 09.11.01.SqlDataProvider?

I too use sql server 2012. I thought it should work but apparently it does not. Do you know which version should be used?

Thanks!

/Peter

Veteran Member

Posted By Smuggler on 2/23/2023 9:31 AM
        Can you please show or describe how you modified the file 09.11.01.SqlDataProvider?

Just change the lines

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS {databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}AddIPFilter]
        GO

to

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}AddIPFilter') AND type in (N'P', N'PC'))
           DROP PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}AddIPFilter
        GO

Same for UpdateIPFilter.

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thanks Michael!
          I will use that, and also as soon as possible upgrade from SQL Server 2012.
          Do you also know the complete System Requirements for DNN?
          All the best!
          /Peter

New Around Here

Hi again!

I did not fully understand the code which I did get from you, so I tried it before using it in the file 09.11.01.SqlDataProvider.

The code below returned: "Command(s) completed successfully."
            but I did expected it to return: "sp exsists!"

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}UpdateIPFilter') AND type in (N'P', N'PC'))
            begin
            print 'sp exsists!'
            end
            GO

The below code returned: "sp exsists!"
            if exists(select * from sys.procedures where name = 'UpdateIPFilter')
            begin
            print 'sp exsists!'
            end
            go

Can you please explain?
            Thanks a lot in advance!

/Peter

Veteran Member

If you do that in the SQL Console of DNN you should use

SELECT 'sp exists'

instead of the print command, as the SQL Console does not return anything when you use print. And you should use the code above from there, and not from SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).

The {databaseOwner} and {objectQualifier} tokens are DNN-like SQL syntax. In fact they correspond with the values in the web.config file that you find in this line:

<add name="SqlDataProvider" type="DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke" connectionStringName="SiteSqlServer" upgradeConnectionString="" providerPath="~\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\" databaseOwner="dbo" objectQualifier="" />

The tokens are replaced by these values automatically. The background of this is the use of shared hosting installations, where you could use different DNN installations with only one database, but different object qualifiers (the need for that is low nowadays), or schemes. In the case above, {databaseOwner} will be replaced by "dbo." and {objectQualifier} by an empty string. If you manually replace that you get a statement that you can use in SSMS. Also the installer uses this syntax, so you have to use it in your manipulated .SqlServerProvider file.

For the requirements see DNN Platform Requirements -- DNN Docs (dnncommunity.org). But anyone should drop the lines from SQL Server 2012 and 2014 for DNN 11.1.

Anyway, SQL Server 2012 - 2017 are after the end of mainstream support (see Microsoft SQL Server Versions List (sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com)), so upgrading is a must, not only for security reasons.

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thanks a lot :)
                /Peter

New Around Here

Hi all - I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but I'm also hitting an error when my upgrade tries to install the Persona Bar Extensions.

• Upgrade from DNN 9.10.1 to 9.11.2
                  • SQL Server is Azure, and compatibility level is set to SQL 2019 - so not the "outdated SQL 2012" problem.

The progress indicator stops after the error, and it appears that the install log also stops receiving data at that point (see below). However, if I pull up the site, it does come up, it does show to be 9.11.2, and I do have a Persona Bar. If I go to Extensions, I see that the the Dnn.PersonaBar.Extensions 9.11.2 is *both* in installed extensions and Available Extensions. I can go ahead and install it from Available Extensions and that succeeds. 

I'm just concerned that without a successful report of the complete upgrade, I may have missed something that will bite me later?

Thanks! David

InstallerLog20230518.resources, starting line 83 to the end:

========================

05/18/2023 15:59:30 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\JavaScriptLibrary\Knockout_03.05.01_Install.zip
                  05/18/2023 15:59:30 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\Provider\AspNetClientCapabilityProvider_09.11.02_Install.zip
                  05/18/2023 15:59:30 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.XmlMerge Start UpdateNode: keyAttribute=name
                  05/18/2023 15:59:30 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.XmlMerge Start UpdateNode: keyAttribute=name
                  05/18/2023 15:59:30 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\Provider\DNN_SimpleWebFarmCachingProvider_09.11.02_Install.zip
                  05/18/2023 15:59:31 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.XmlMerge Start UpdateNode: keyAttribute=name
                  05/18/2023 15:59:31 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.XmlMerge Start UpdateNode: keyAttribute=name
                  05/18/2023 15:59:31 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\Provider\DNNCE_FolderProviders_09.11.02_Install.zip
                  05/18/2023 15:59:31 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\Provider\DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider_09.11.02_Install.zip
                  05/18/2023 15:59:44 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.XmlMerge Start UpdateNode: keyAttribute=name
                  05/18/2023 15:59:51 [INFO] DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade Start InstallPackage:C:\home\site\wwwroot\Install\Module\Dnn.PersonaBar.Extensions_09.11.02_Install.zip  

[File ends here]

Veteran Member

Have you tried first upgrading to 9.10.02, then to 9.11.02?  Though, I'd suggest waiting for the next release and upgrading to 9.11.01 for now.  :)

New Around Here

Hi Will,

Thanks, I'll give that a try - 9.10.1 > 9.10.2 > 9.11.2. I'm working on some of my lower volume sites in a test environment first, so I have time. It looked like 9.11.2 had quite a few fixes, so thought it was a worthy upgrade, but I could wait a bit...

Thanks, David

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved