DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Resource Manager - File Download

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

New Around Here

Hi,

On my side, with the new Resource Manager of the v9.11.1, if I download file on my desktop that contains spaces, accents or special characters like parenthesis, the files are renamed with underscore at the beginning and at the end of files.

For example: the file named “Create parent page (2).png” under the Site Assets renamed “_Create parent page (2).png_” when I downloaded.

I can’t confirm if that affect the v9.11.0 because I tested the upgrade v9.11.1 from the v9.10.2.

I would just like to know if the issue is only on my DNN portal.

Thank you!

Veteran Member

Interesting... Are you able to duplicate this with other files as well?  Are you able to change the name or something to determine that the module isn't able to handle the file name you're initially working with? 

If you're able to determine this is indeed a reproducible bug, you should create a new issue so it can get fixed.  

New Around Here

I tried with a lot of files.

If I have accents, spaces, or special characters, I have the issue. But if my files are no spaces, etc. the file name downloaded is right.

If I rename the file under the Resource Manager without spaces, etc. the file name downloaded is right. Conversely, if I rename the file under the Resource Manager with a space, etc. the file name downloaded has the issue.

I also tried with a new Uploaded file, and I have the same issue.

I agree with you to create a new issue but before that, I just would like to know if the issue is only with me.

Veteran Member

I think you might be the first person to find this as a bug.  I just spun up a test instance and was able to quickly duplicate this issue without any configuration changes.  

New Around Here

I created the issue.

New Around Here

I can confirm the bug does exist in v09.11

How can I make a sugguestion or request? Using the old File Manager, one could easily get the file url, making it easy to create links to files. I would love to see this feature in the Resource Manager. 

Veteran Member

Posted By Jeff Frick on 3/9/2023 7:56 AM

I can confirm the bug does exist in v09.11

How can I make a sugguestion or request? Using the old File Manager, one could easily get the file url, making it easy to create links to files. I would love to see this feature in the Resource Manager. 

All you need to do is right-click on the file.  :) 

New Around Here

I'm not finding the Copy URL option in v.09.11.02 (v9.11.2-rc1)

New Around Here

Same here...

@Jeff, did you find a workaround?

New Around Here

Hi Jeff and Keston,

That's weird because on my side, the problem it's only with the downloaded names. I'm now with the v09.11.02 and I'm able to Copy URL. I tried to simulate your problem under Secure and Standard type folders and the copy option still appear like the post of Will Strohl. Did you change Permissions or something else? Are you under Site Assets or Global Assets?

Sylvain

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 3123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved