DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9 Skin Problem / PersonaBar

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Hi!

After working mostly on the technical problems, upgrading our old site from 4.x to 9.x, I am now facing some problems with the skin and the PersonaBar.

Initially the PersonaBar did not open up the popup with modules until I changed the application pool from classic to integrated.

Now the popup opens and I can select a module, but the drag&drop part does not work. Instead the module is directly added somewhere on the page, inside of a container that has no action menus, to move the module, it's settings and so on.

Before we had the old SolPartMenu stuff and I removed that from the ASCX files (including containers). The content panes are located in tables (td). I know that's horrible so I would like to replace them with divs.

I tried to create a new site, using the default or nvQuickTheme and then drag & drop worked.

Can our old skin be made compatible with that somehow? Or would it make more sense to build a new one? What specifically would have to be added to an ASCX file?

The technical update part took already a lot of time and I faced a lot of show stoppers. I am afraid that the skin redesign will take another 1 or 2 weeks.

Andreas

Growing Member

I resolved a part of the problem. The invisible action buttons were a result of some modules added with the container set to none, causing it to use the container SiteName.ASCX. This container still had references to ACTIONBUTTON1 and ACTIONBUTTON2. After removing those, the containers now have the proper action buttons.

Still fighting for getting back the ability to add modules, which is unforuntately a requirement. :)

Growing Member

Am somewhat stuck now. If I am on 9.1.1 I cannot add modules add all. After clicking the "Add Module" button I get a "contentpane is null" error in AddModule.js if I enable debugging in the browser. Obviously it has problems finding our content panes with the td tags somehow.

If I upgrade to 9.3.2 this will be working again, but then I loose MLAdvAnnouncements.

Eventually I can now upgrade and then replace MLAdvAnnouncements and even though drag&drop does not work, I could eventually move the module to the proper pane using the ActionButtons.

Growing Member

After upgrading to 9.4.1 again, I can for example add a HTML module, which then gets placed somewhere on the bottom of the page. However, this module then has an edit button only. It does not have the "Move Module" command to move it into another pane. I cannot even save the content. After clicking on the save button the changed content just disappears. :(

Dragging & dropping existing modules into other panes works though.

Growing Member

After updating the ASCX skin file and moving all panes from td's into divs, drag&drop finally works!! Great!!! Amazing!!

Now I got to get rid of the tables inside of tables inside of tables......in a follow up project to replace the old skin to make it responsive.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved