DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Redirect users to fallback language when the language is not active

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hello Team,

The website page is translating to french instead of  fallback language of german that is english. We have enabled the german language for the user. Is there any possibility when a german user log in, it should redirect to fallback languages (i.e. site default) unless translated content is available.

We have recently migrated to 9.10.2 from 9.3.2. Issue seem not have been resolved in 9.10.2 as well. Just mentioning if there is anything which is already known as issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok

You can get weird redirect issues when there are issues in the database (I have not yet found what caused these).
      Try this:

SELECT

Tabs.TabID,
          Tabs.PortalID,
          Tabs.TabName,
          Tabs.ParentId,
          Tabs.TabPath,
          Tabs.IsDeleted,
          Tabs.CultureCode as TabCultureCode,
          ParentTabs.TabName as ParentTabName,
          ParentTabs.CultureCode AS ParentCultureCode,
          Tabs.Level as TabLevel,
          ParentTabs.Level AS ParentLevel
      FROM         Tabs INNER JOIN
                            Tabs AS ParentTabs ON Tabs.ParentId = ParentTabs.TabID
      WHERE NOT Tabs.ParentId IS NULL AND not (Tabs.CultureCode = ParentTabs.CultureCode) and tabs.PortalID = x

New Around Here

Hello,

That query gives no output record. Thanks for looking into it.

Please lte me know if you see some other cause.

Regards,

Alok

Veteran Member

Posted By Alok Agarwal Official on 3/21/2023 8:06 PM

That query gives no output record. Thanks for looking into it.

Did you change the PortalID (x) in the script to the actual PortalID (normally 0)?

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

New Around Here

Adding our requirements to make it more clear:

1. We already have our web site localized in three langauges (en-us, es-es, fr-fr). 
            2. We want to enable our website for two more langauges (i.e. de-de, pt-br). Content is to be added subsequently by translators in some time. Mean while we want if any users in these language should redirect to fallback language - i.e. en-us.
            3.Once the content is localized, we want site in that language to be active, so that our clients can access the pages.

To our understanding we have done following configurations/settings for this:-

1. Enabled the site, not activated for the two additional languages in site settings. I think this should allow translators to create the content.
            2. Set fallback language as en-us for the two languages.
            3. Since the site is not activated, additional languages should not pop for client in language tool bar.
            4. If the clients of additional languages (i.e.  default browser culture is set to new languages), it should redirect to fallback language.
            5. We plan to activate the language once the content is localized by translators.

Issues here are:-
            1. If the clients of additional languages (i.e.  default browser culture is set to new languages)--> When the user logs in(login page in neutralize, i.e. no language is shown) they get to see pages in french language.
            2. At times also saw language code de-de(for deutch users) is coming in url after login, menu bar goes off(which is understandable as underlying pages are not yet translated). But question here is why it is coming in url if we haven't activated it.  
            3. What is concept of fallback language, how can we use it?
            4. Is there any more setting/configuration which we need to look into.

New Around Here

yes that was obvious for us.

Posted By Alok Agarwal Official on 3/22/2023 1:30 PM

Adding our requirements to make it more clear:

Issues here are:-

1. If the clients of additional languages (i.e.  default browser culture is set to new languages)--> When the user logs in(login page in neutralize, i.e. no language is shown) they get to see pages in french language.
                2. At times also saw language code de-de(for deutch users) is coming in url after login, menu bar goes off(which is understandable as underlying pages are not yet translated). But question here is why it is coming in url if we haven't activated it.  
                3. What is concept of fallback language, how can we use it?
                4. Is there any more setting/configuration which we need to look into.

1. Did you check if these French pages (could that be the home page?) are not marked as "Translated" under Pages > Page > Localization?
                Also, Did you try unchecking "

New Around Here

Yes I have chaked all of these settings, they are as expected. Will try more for "

URL MAPPING

Auto Add Site Alias

Regards,

Alok

New Around Here

Unchecking "

Veteran Member

What I would do is try the same (just the language pasrt with only a few pages) on a clean install of DNN also to make sure it's not a bug in DNN.
                      (We have also run ML installations, but most of them are only public facing and not with members logging in)
                      Also that would give you something to compare with if it does work correctly on the new install.
                      Becasue I guess it's some kind of configuration issue.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved