DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CKEditor removing tags

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Just a thought here, but tag stripping by the CK Editor occurs on the DNN side of things, not on the client side. You might want to inspect the page source with both classes of browsers, as DNN should be delivering the same page to both.
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe,

thanks for that feedback. I will investigate again and provide my findings here - or in a new thread, depending on what I find out.

Britta

Veteran Member

Posted By Britta Gainey II on 19 Apr 2021 01:54 AM

Timo,

thanks for your feedback and also for your blog post that I had read and followed before.

This is indeed strange that it works for you in Firefox but it doesn't for me. So there must be something else going wrong in my DNN website. Until I find out what that is, I am just happy that I was able to upgrade to 9.9.0 and remove Telerik - even if that means that for right now, I can only use Chrome for the handful of modules where I do use HTML tags that would otherwise be stripped.

Best, Britta

I'll test in 9.9 too, there were some changes in 9.9 CkEditor.

Veteran Member

New Around Here

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 22 Apr 2021 07:09 AM

Ok, it looks like this is an issue in DNN 9.9.0 https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4620

Thanks for putting your finger on that! And good to see that I am not completely nuts ;-)
            Nevertheless, I have had this issue before DNN 9.9.0 but can't remember which DNN version that was. Our site was built back in the days with DNN 7.
            What I have found out meanwhile is that also the page where a module is posted plays a role. I have a "very old" testpage where the tags are stripped and a "very new" testpage where the same code is left intact. But some "older" pages do not strip the tags either. Don't yet have a Matrix showing the "strip-status" for Browsers and the DNN version that the pages were built in...

Veteran Member

Posted By Britta Gainey II on 22 Apr 2021 08:06 AM
              Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 22 Apr 2021 07:09 AM

Ok, it looks like this is an issue in DNN 9.9.0 https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4620

Thanks for putting your finger on that! And good to see that I am not completely nuts ;-)
              Nevertheless, I have had this issue before DNN 9.9.0 but can't remember which DNN version that was. Our site was built back in the days with DNN 7.
              What I have found out meanwhile is that also the page where a module is posted plays a role. I have a "very old" testpage where the tags are stripped and a "very new" testpage where the same code is left intact. But some "older" pages do not strip the tags either. Don't yet have a Matrix showing the "strip-status" for Browsers and the DNN version that the pages were built in...

I also tested in 9.7 and there my blog post does work.
              So it might be that you had /hav another issue.
              The stripping normally only occurs when you set the editor to "basic" instead of "full", this could explain the difference between pages?
              Also it depends on the HTML entered obviously..

You are not authorized to post a reply.
              Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved