DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Html Editor Management opening with page not Config manager - issue with Edit Content

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Html Editor Management opening with page not Config manager - issue with Edit Content

I have issues with the Html Editor Management.
    The popup loads the page not the config manager.
    (Wah!)  Now edit Content also errors out

DNN 9.2.1
    DNN Connect CKEditor Provider 1.0.4
    Html Editor Management 9.2.1
    CKE_Settings table looks OK (to me).
    No differences between orig working web.config and now.

The issue arose after I had opened it for the first time. Subsequently, all I see is the page.
    I am at a loss to understand this, documentation for the CKE editor is woeful.
    I have looked at every CKE config component in so far as I can.
    Have reinstalled Editor manager and CKEEditor Provider.
    This issue has been the case for few weeks while I poked about looking.

This problem now today superseded by a major thing opening any html editor window.

I can roll back a few weeks and even do a fresh install but bugs bug me and I like to fix if possible.

An error has occurred. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Web.EditorControl.FormatUrl(String inputUrl) at DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Web.EditorControl.get_Settings() at DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Web.EditorControl.GenerateEditorLoadScript() at DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Web.EditorControl.CKEditorInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace

DNN user since v3

Veteran Member

Hmmm...What strikes me is that you have 1 version newer than what'sn on https://github.com/DNN-Co...Provider/releases... Might that be related?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

What I use is 9.3.2 and open the html editor manager by:
        Persona bar - Settings - Site settings - Site behavior - more and than open the editor manager.
        Now, it does not always load immediately but if you try a few times, it will get there. And yes it looks like someone tried to fit in a truck in a Tesla roadstar but it works :-)
        Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved