DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Profile Validity

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Running 9.3.2 and new users are being redirected to a profile update screen, even though I require no profile fields. I unset the 'Require a Valid Profile for Login' field in Security.Login Settings and hit the Save button, but as soon as I logout then in again, the flag resets to ON. To make matters worse, the update profile screen does not allow them any way out - once they get there,. they are stuck there.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causig this behaviour, and what I might do to resolve the issue?

TIA

Steve

New Around Here

OK, so this must be a bug in DNN. I fixed it by directly updating the database as follows:

update DNN_PortalSettings set settingvalue='False' where settingname='Security_RequireValidProfileAtLogin'

I wanted to do it for all my portals, hence no PortalId in the where clause.

had to restart the application to pick up the change, but it did stick this time, unlike doing it via the Persona Bar!
      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved