DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Discord Open Source

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Could a great solution to helping discuss issues with DNN be a Discord Open Source channel?.  Especially things like last minute questions before releasing an RC as some issues might get posted 5 hours before and if the person in charge of the release does not get a proper notification this can have a bad impact on the community.

You can use voice or leave messages that stay around for when someone logs in.  Someone could be Ouch the RC broke my site! and get assistance in real-time discussions and text messaging posting images and links to help.

https://discordapp.com/open-source

as used for the .NET C# community

Private channels can be created along with public lobby area for general discussions... Also you can put up on the DNNcommunity website a place that shows who is online in what channel... pretty slick.  A modern spin off of the awesome team collaberation software TeamSpeak.

Growing Member

look at that view count :) no replies however :(

no passwords, no emails, click and go from browser, chat, speak... collaberate.

I suppose i can put one up for myself or join the C# discord see if I can make a DNN channel there.

Advanced Member

Cody, we use Slack for now. Pls, go there if you want to help on testing
        Mariette Knap
        Microsoft MVP Alumni

Advanced Member

Yeah, I don't think extra channels will help, we have github, the forums, slack and facebook already, we zoom and skype and have scheduled meetings, some of us even call each other :) I think on the communications front we are more than good.
          The split of communication channels has been a challange and people sometimes put stuff on facebook that should be a github issue, and github issues for general discussions, etc.

I think:
          Github should have: Actionable items, reproducible bug reports on current version, improvement and new features that have been discussed and are ready for development.

Facebook: General chit chat and social

Forums: Troubleshooting help on workaround, advices, questions, discussions, stuff that is indexed and searchable.

Slack: Chat between members in some workspaces and openhelp.slack.com that is open to anyone for chatting. This is very similar to discord and I think adding another thing that is too similar then where people are already will just make it so there is less people in each place...

Veteran Member

Posted By Daniel Valadas on 19 Nov 2019 06:09 AM

Yeah, I don't think extra channels will help, we have github, the forums, slack and facebook already, we zoom and skype and have scheduled meetings, some of us even call each other :) I

Agreed

Growing Member

I tried to join SLACK... said I am not welcome to any project.

Discord would not do this

I don't personally use facebook believe it or not... forums is not real time, github you get complaints for discussion topics asking for help along with a lot of confusing replies trying to re-explain what they didn't read, zoom/skype that is a personal thing...

I guess count me out then I am just one person no worries... I will create a Discord channel for personal use and for anyone wishing to chat and post it here I guess... i dont know I am lost for words what is the big deal
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved