DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to create DNN platform install package from source?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I am wishing to test some core functionality of DNN changes to the journal module currently.  Not saying anything I am doing is going to help but I would like to be able to better test my results :)

If anyone can point me to some quick start type of guides for doing so that kinda cut to the chase a little specifically on building packages from source to something you can put on a production installation if you like.

I could use as many great tips for shortcuts when dealing different files as well.  Like when do I need to restart the app, clear cache and refresh browser.  Which the server cache and the browser cache i do each time anyhow just because... sometimes a simple refresh is really all you need.

These types of tips and how to's on DNN Docs would be great and it is probably there or going to be there eventually.  If there is a quick 1.2.3. procedure you can post here for anything I just spoke of please share.

• Build a DNN Platform Install Package from Source
    • Build a Module Package from source that is part of the DNN platform such as the Journal Module for example ;)

I know when you build a module you get an install folder usually with the package to install the module built into it leftover from the build process of the module.  I am sure I will  find the answer here shortly and figure it out but just looking for any types of bonus's that help speed up this process for quicker testing results.  I have yet to start stepping through the breakpoints set in VS... I am looking forward to doing that again it has been long time, very exciting stuff for me right now :)

Maybe I am in the wrong forum asking here please forgive me if I am and direct me to a better place to post this question as I am trying to get used to the new layout as well.

thank you.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved